my stepson

My stepson went to visit his grandparents (maternal) for a week, about halfway through the visit they say he has 'a cold' I told them it would go away on its own my hubby don't give our children OTC medication. He is five BTW. Well, he comes home and he sees his sisters breathing machine and says 'I had to us my coughing machine @ g+g's house' I was PISSED. He has never been prescribed a breathing machine or breathing meds. How do I approach this situation with their visit at the end of the summer?

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 9:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• be honest tell them how you feel, if they dont like it, tough. it is your child and your decisions :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I want to add I ak adopting him and I have all the power to make decisions on his behalf as his father is deployed and his mother is dead. Nd when he came home he had no problems breathing and he didn't have a cold.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You have every right to be pissed, although I think you need to be diplomatic on this matter because they are his maternal grandparents and they probably thought they were helping their grandchild. Are they aware of your husbands decision on not medicating with OTC meds? If not then let them know and inform them that a mild cold is no reason to give meds as it will pass on it's own. Good for you on adopting this little boy and stepping in to fill in as his mom. Hats off to you.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009