seriously, what the heck?

This is a site, for mothers right? For us to talk about our kids, and struggles and joys with mommyhood! I see post, and questions reguarding a child, and questions ect.....they are LUCKY if they get 20 responses. If the post is reguarding something like gay marriage, abortion, or BARAK OBAMA, there are 50-300 responses. WHY? The stuff that does not have a direct link to mothering, instead is DRAMA infested. Why do those post get more attention? They are ONLY made to start drama, and we all know this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I completely agree with you that is so true. Thank You for putting this out there. I have noiced this also. I just thought that i was the only one.
    Anonymous

• i try to answer all the Qs I can if I'm qualified. For example, I can't help a mom with a diabetic kid or or who had a miscarriage or who's looking for daycare or needs info on circumcision. I just don't have experience with those things. But EEEEEVERYONE has an opinion on these issues. Some people just like to be bitches, some people are really out to change the minds of others. When replying to such Qs, I try to be serious and get through to people.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well, there IS a category named Poiltics and Current events....so,that means people discuss the President and current events. Duhhh.... That means some would like to talk about something other than Mom stuff because we are more than Moms. We have brains and think about other things,don't we?
    Anonymous

• This is a site for moms to ask and receive advice about things that are going on in their lives and that includes things not directly linked to parenting. If you don't like a post, then don't answer the questions. ALso, Politics and Current Events DO have to do with parenting. As a PP said, we are all more than moms, we are sisters, wives, voters, etc. Our lives are more about being a mom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• DUH, I am aware that there are more things in life than being a mother. But this is CAFEMOM!!!! Someone asks questions about parenting and gets 6 responses, and other things that people ONLY argue about gets hundreds!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Because EVERYONE has an opinion, but not everyone may have advice. If a mom hasnt been in a situation, they might not want to respond. Also, some people like the drama.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I like all sections. I like general parenting to see how other moms are coping and what some of the issues other moms are dealing with at the moment. This way I know that I am not alone in having a picky eater or a child that has acid reflux ect... I also like politics, religion, and adoption sections. I am a mom but I am a mother, a partner, a professional, and a citizen with an opinion. Mothers should have opinions on more than just what kind of juice to buy. It is about sharing ideas, thoughts, and feelings on subjects that matter most to you. For some moms that may mean talking about Israel or Iran. For others that may mean school voucher programs or homeschooling. Whatever the topic or issue there are mothers out there who have a legitimate right to express their opinions. I like browsing to see what other women are thinking.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• This is a site for mothers to discuss what's important to them. Surely it's only right that includes politics. What is this, the 50's where we leave all the important stuff to the dads?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Haven't you heard? Cafemom is just like highschool. Invaded by a bunch of very very young moms just out of school, with nothing better to do than start drama.
    Anonymous