Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anything I can do?

Okay my mom is paying the bills and rent until my fiancee can get a job. Well we've been looking jobs for months and nothing. Next month if we don't have a job, she'll stop paying, then will be out on the streets. My mother gets mad when we ask her for food, yet she won't take us to go and get stamps (town over) I'm 17 weeks pregnant and my fiancee and I are hungry, there's no food. This is more of venting because there isn't a solution. I'm so confused and really stressed and upset!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (3)
  • Go to your local DHS and see if they can help you. If you cannot get there by walking, call the office and they will send you an app. and then fill it out and mail it back. Once they get an app. set up, you can probably call them and explain your situation and they might be able to interview you over the phone or provide trans. There ane TONS of resources out there to help through these times, you just have to take initiative.

    Answer by nikkileerue at 10:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • I agree with the PP. Also contact your local WIC office. They can get you food and nutritional info for your pregnancy and the first 5 years of your little ones life. Also maybe you and your fiance shouldn't be picky about where to find a job. I'm sure you could get a job like at Walmart or McDonalds are something. If you are that hungary and are about to be homeless, then you and your fiance should be trying every day to find a job. You are only 17 weeks pregnant and walking is good for you. You should not be mad at your mother for not buying you food when she is paying your rent for you and your fiance as well as your bills. I say be greatful for what you have. She sounds like a nice lady to me. Don't take advantage.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

  • I agree with what the other two people said, but also when filling out the app for food stamps fill out for temporary cash assistance. You can also apply for medicade. You're local DCF office should be able to help you with all of this. Just give them a call. I know each state is different so if that is not the exact department you need they will point you in the right direction. Also try things like the salvation army, and other food pantires but be sure to fill out the apps for food stamps, temp. cash, wic and anything else the department where you live has. I know some states you can get section 8 as well to with rent. Hope this helps.

    Answer by craftykidsclub at 10:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy