Can a tampon get lost in someone's vagina and not come out eventually?

I can't remember whether or not I put one up there!!! Can this hurt me? Will it dissolve? Than again I don't think I put one on.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 10:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Health

• HHeeelllloooo in theerree ( echo echo echo ) lol
    just kidding.
    If you did and it stayed in there you would probably get an infection and notice an odor. Go to your doc and have them check.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Ummm, if you put one in, reach up in there and find out. If you know the female body very well, and I hope you would, you know that it can't go any further than your cervix. If it's up there, you can feel it.
    Anonymous

• Actually, it can hurt you. Leaving a tampon in too long puts you at risk for Toxic Shock Syndrome. They do not dissolve. I don't know if it will "come out eventually" or not but when I was a nursing student working in the ER, women would come in to have lost tampons removed quite regularly. It's actually a pretty common thing. Several times it's because the woman can't remember if she put one in or not. Doctors have heard everything, believe me. If you're worried about it, get it checked out.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Sit on the toilet,and push like you have to s**t.. the pushing SHOULD force it out..Or put your finger up there and find it. Simple as that.

Answer by louise2 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It could cause toxic shock syndrome so yes it is dangerous see your doctor if you are unsure after maybe you fish for it, no pun intended!
    Anonymous

• It can't get "lost" but it can cause health problems if you leave it in there. If you aren't sure, stick your fingers in and feel around. They can't go *that* far in, so you should be able to feel it if it's in there.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• make a appointment with ur gyno just tell them u have a femal issue and when u get there tell them what happened...if u dont get it out soon ur at risk or tts and other infections...trust me ur not the first woman to do this...
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• You will know soon if you did or did not.... you can smell it... sounds gross, but I did that and that is how I found out. I was like like holy cow, what is that smell?? I had to go to the doctor and I had an infection. I felt like an idiot and still do.. that is why I am ANON!
    Anonymous