is something wrong?

my 15 mth old recently started to hump things and I was wondering is that normal behavior and have you ever seen this? This is my first child so any opions would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have seen other posts on here before about kids doing that...it is probably just something they discover and like it or something....
    Anonymous

• My nephew does this hes 2. My sister just has him do it in his own room but dosent make a big deal about it. He usually sits on his bed and does it for a while. I've also seen other posts on here about this too where the moms say their kids do it as well.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, its normal...google sexual development in children, you will have page after page from many different resources telling you what is normal, the best is the pediatric development. Hope this helps, dont worry to much, they do out grow is but if its a boy, once they learn it grows they will be even more fascinated with it LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It's normal, just make sure you don't make a big deal, otherwise the kid does it just to get your attention or they feel like they've done something wrong.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• it may be normal but i also know that kids who tend to act out sexually at a young age has either seen something inaproperate or is being abused...all u have to do is look at the stactics and most kids who r abuse start acting out sexually at a young age
    Anonymous

• While I agree that acting out sexually can be a sign of abuse (and should obviously be ruled out), the vast majority of the time at this age it's totally normal. My 2 year old does it too.
    Anonymous