What do you think of a guy who brings his wife roses....

but then admits he only bought them to make his friend look bad?? His friend and wife came over on Sat for a BBQ and I guess his friend never gets his wife roses--so he wanted to rub it in....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Crappy Friend.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I think that's a bit tacky. if it were for no reason, that would be romantic. But it seems like he wanted his friend's wife to be jealous that you have such a wonderful husband..lol.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• What an ass.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If my hubs did that then I would feel bad. Cause he did not buy them because he was thinking of me and wanted to make me happy.... but bought them to be mean-spirited and make his friend look bad. I would shove the flowers at him and say "NO THANKS!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Personally, while it is pretty crappy to do that to his friend, maybe his friend will get a clue once he sees someone else do it! I think I would have LMAO! Of course then again, maybe the friend's wife doesn't like flowers, there are women who would rather not get them.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• ^^^^^^ MizLee you said it right! If it wasnt to show his love for you, then screw him, hes an ass, Im sorry but he wasnt thinking of you. Tell him if he wants to get you flowers, get them just because he loves you and was thinking about you....if that makes sence..sorry kinda rambled on a little. I would throw them in his face, or in the trash! Good luck girl
    HappyWifeNmom

Answer by HappyWifeNmom at 11:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Why would he tell you that ..he could have killed two birds with one stone, not too bright.

Honestly, I would be mad at my DH for wasting money on expensive flowers.  I get them real cheap at the grocery store.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• If I was in on the joke, I'd be fine with it --- even play along and really over indulge on the whole thing.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Everyone has a good point and it could very wellhave been crappy, especially if it was for the sole purpose of making his friend look bad, however, maybe his friend talks bad about his wife, or doesnt respect her in your husband's eyes, so he was trying to teach him a lesson maybe.. depends on his intentions..
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Not much of a man, IMO
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2009