Falling Star

Today, as it is Father's Day, was the first since my dad passed. This weekend has been horrible. Last night I was sitting out on the back porch crying. I looked up at the sky and said, "Daddy, I miss you!" Just as I said it, I saw the biggest and brightest falling stars that I ever seen. To me, it was as if Daddy was saying, "I'm here." Do you think it was just a fluke that I saw the star??

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonomys
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• NO!! I do not think it was a fluke, makes no difference if anyone else saw it or not! All that matters is your personal experience, it was obviously a very personal moment and it was probably meant to only be seen by you, because you were most likely very open to receiving messages from beyond at that point in time. U know that's why they say children can interact with spirits so well. They are open to it, every experience is new to them!! They have no reason to doubt so therefore they believe! I wish we all could reman this way!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yes, total coincedence. Our deceased loved ones are in God's memory, not floating around in space somewhere. The bible states that the dead are conscience of nothing. The falling star you saw was more than likely seen by hundreds of other people.

Sorry for your dad's passing.
    Anonymous

• I think that is beautiful. Personally I think you Dad was saying Hello. He's always in your heart Mama. I am sorry for your loss.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I think whatever brings you peace and comfort is a good thing. Your father is clearly in your heart and is loved and remembered. I'm sorry for your loss and wishing you peace.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Well I don't presume to know the mind of God. It could be a sign just to comfort you or it could have been a coincidence. Either way, you were comforted and that is what counts. I lost my dad 4 years ago and today driving home from visiting my FIL it hit me. So I am deeply sorry for your loss. It seems we girls always miss our daddy. ((((hugs)))) to you.
    Kim Q
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• my thing is, if u were thinking of ur dad when u saw the star, then maybe he WAS trying to comfort u, or God was. God has ways of distracting us for our own good. Others can believe, disbelieve, or be cynical all u want, but u go with ur heart girl!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. I don't think that was just a fluke though. That was most likely his way of comforting you and letting you know his spirit is alive and well.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think it was him saying hi. Or letting you know that he heard you. NOTHING is a coincidence. No such thing. Wether you believe in God or multipule gods, and you believe that said god(s) hear your prayers and answer them and are an active influence in your life, then coincidence is rediculous. Besides that, you felt it was from your dad and you took comfort in it, so that is what it was meant for. Someone else may have seen it and taken it as a sign for good luck, or saw it with a true love and felt that "someone was up there watching over them". It is all what you feel that counts!!!
    NewMom101

Answer by NewMom101 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• NO I don't think it was a fluke. If the first thing you thought of was your dad when you saw it, and if that gave you a sense of peace and calm in your rough day, I don;t see how it could've been anything but your dad. And you may not believe me when I say this, and that will be ok I am used to it, I felt a chill and your dad confirmed it was him, I can almost see him smiling down at you wanting to hold you and tell you it's ok. Life is hard. Take comfort where ever you find it and don't let anyone tell you that you're wrong. Sorry for your loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009