Have you tried ground BISON?

I'm cooking it right now,I'm kinda scared to try it.It smells like ground beef cooking and it has a rich juicy texture of premium hamburger.It's much lower in fat,saturated fat and cholesterol.I heard about it from Tony Little he was selling it on HSN home shopping network,he's a body builder/health food guru.His brand was better though with only 6 grams of fat and like 167 calories mine is 11 grams of fat and 190 calories!

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I haven't cooked it before but I have had bison burgers. I've had bison steak too. It's really not that different. Enjoy!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Yup! Love it. Also got a bison pot roast once. Slow cooked it in the crock pot with a chipotle raspberry BBQ sauce... shredded the meat... put on rolls. YUM
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I'm wondering if I will have some kind of reaction to it,like make me sick.Has anyone had this happen?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I took a bite of it and it's the most delicious hamburger like meat I've ever had.Moist and juicy, it just melts in your mouth.It tastes better than hamburger and if it doesn't make me sick, man I'm gonna eat this practically everyday.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• It really shouldn't make you sick, bison is raised like beef these days. It wouldn't have been wild bison that you bought, it would have been domestic.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I bought some bison burgers the other day.  It tasted just like beef IMO.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• soo good and i think it's a healthier option than ground beef too!
    yomama123

Answer by yomama123 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2009