Help?

I just read about how Nuva Ring works, I'm on it.

Over the course of 3 weeks, NuvaRing® releases a continuous low dose of estrogen and progestin. Higher estrogen and progestin levels signal your brain not to release the hormones that cause egg maturation. Without an egg ready to be released into the fallopian tube, ovulation cannot occur.

What does that mean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It means that it does not let the eggs to mature, or fully develop, to the stage that they need to be in for ovulation to occur. With no ovulation, you cannot get pregnant.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• not trying to be rude...but why would you go on something when you dont even know how it works??
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• But I thought the egg is what makes the blood for you period??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• No, the blood is from the shedding of the lining of the uterus. It means that you are healthy. During the course of a month, or 28 days, your uterus will get thick and get ready for you to get pregnant. This is the time when you will drop an egg. If your egg does not fertilize with a sperm your uterus will shed it's lining through bleeding. The wonderful thing know as menstruation. If a sperm does gain entrance into an egg, it will stay in the uterus that has become thick to protect it from any dangers. The hormones that are being put in your body from the NuvaRing® are just enough to make sure that your eggs do not drop, and keep you from getting pregnant. This being said, I am sure you know that this is not 100% effective and your body can still drop an egg, especially if you take an antibiotic.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009