infant ear piercing

where n when? i would take her to wal-mart, claires, or even icings. parents say a sterile place? what does everyone else think? oh n i wanna do them when shes 5 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honey, you screwed yourself over asking a question like this on CM. You just know at least four moms are gonna say "that's selfish, blah blah blah". ANYWHO, I'd say Claire's is fine.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I personally think piercing a baby's ears is selfish and wrong but that is just MPO. If you are going to do it, just make sure the place has experience in piercing a baby's ears and is very clean. Any of the places you mentioned, I assume, are fine.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 3 mos @ Claire's and they use sterile techniques but just make sure that you mark her ears before you go in because they are gonna try and do it for you and you dont want your daughter going away from the place with crooked ear piercings especially since she will move a lot!! Also the pens they use smear and get everywhere. I also had a bottle ready for afterward because she will scream and want something to soothe her. Otherwise, good luck and remember to clean them at least twice a day, in the morning and at night.
    MommaMallory

Answer by MommaMallory at 11:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Some pediatricians do it...but the teenager at claires probably has more experience doing it. Just make sure everything comes in sterile packages and the person washes their hand and cleans the baby ears prior to piercing.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• i would never take my baby to walmart to get them done thats where i took my daughter she was 3 months and they ended up having to redo them twice cuz the stupid lady didn't know what she was doing but she was the only one in the whole store that could pierce a small child ears and no she didn't move i had her in her car seat and me and my mom was holding her arms and face so she couldn't move
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i would never do it on an infant
    i have a friend who got hers done when she was 7 months and her ears grew as she got older and one ear is peirced way lower then the other now even tho they were even when they were done ... and her ears are not uneven just the holes
    she always comments on it to her mom about how stupid it was for her to get them when she was so young ... now the hole wont grow closed so she doenst really have that option
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 12:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would get them done at claires... I've been in there about 4 times now (to 3 different ones each) and they all say the same way. When I went to wal mart they seemed uneasy.... claires does this constantly! I would have gotten mine done but i wanted her to make that decision and now that she's almost 2 I want to get them done even more! But as soon as she mentions anything about getting her ears done we're going!!!! Even if its tomorrow!!!
    And there are a lot of reasons some parents wouldn't get them done and whatever but she's your daughter not theirs!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• claires is really good but me personally id wait til your baby was older
    so that when they are growing up they dont pull on them or tear them out ya know
    im waiting til my girl is at least 5 that is when i got mine done
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009