If they made a shot that made it impossible to get pregnant......

before the age of 18 would you want your daughter to take it? Since this is obviously hypothetical lets say you knew your daughter was active, you knew there were zero side effects and you knew that she would be able to get pregnant when she wanted to... Personally I would give it to my daughter!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Assuming all of the above, yes. I don't want her to be active before 18, and even with arming her with the knowledge there's no guarentee. If there were no side effects and she could get pregnant when the time was right, that would be great.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Nope... because that would just encourage unprotected sex & raise the risks of her getting something penicillin won't cure.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Laura1229 it said assuming she already was having sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP... and I said it would encourage UNprotected sex.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think they should make a shot for BOYS to kill the semen before the age of 18. and still raise awareness about STDs.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think every female infant should be given it and the antidote should only be given when she's through college and in an established career.

JMO.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 12:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Laura1229 Lots of teenage girls who are having protected sex still get pregnant.

Anyway I wish this shot existed! It would make life easier for a lot of people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Established career? What's wrong raising your children and your husband working? I don't believe in changing the natural function of the body. If my daughter wants to be on bc that's her business. I absolutely will not force it on her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think most girls would want the shot. I wasn't sexually active as a teenager or on birth control but if I had been raped or something and got pregnant and there had been a way to stop it from ever happening I would have wanted that option. See what I mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• matthewscandi: I'm guessing that if you had an established career, you would be more set up financially and mentally to be a SAHM. Get it??? That goal would probably help someone become established and rooted before starting a family. Also, her hypothetical stated that it would have no side effects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009