How much would you pay?

How much would you pay a babysitter for 14 hours, all in one day, for 2 kids ages 3 and 5? Both kids are potty trained, but she will have to feed them lunch and dinner.

My husband and I want to take my stepson out for his birthday, and no family is available to watch our two little ones. I have never paid a sitter before, so I have no idea what a fair amount might be. I asked her what she wanted to get paid, and she said whatever I think is fair. Help me out ladies!

I am asking this in multiple places, hoping to get lots of feedback. Thanks!

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I watch kids on-call in my home and I charge $27 for over 10 hours for the first child and $23 for the second.
    Anonymous

• I pay a sitter $6 per hour for 3 kids and I paid one other girl $10!!!! Won't use her again. My regular daycare person charges $50 per day for 2 kids, but that is like 7am to 6pm at the latest. My kids are usually there for 8 hours when I am working. Where are you going that you need 14 hours? Just curious. I'd pay her about $100 for the day because it is not a contract thing, and you will be gone a very long time.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We are taking my stepson out for the day for his birthday. We will be taking him to Universal Studios, and trust me this time of year we will need all day just to go on like 4-5 rides, the lines are going to be so long. But, when we are done at the park, we will then be going out to see the new Transformers Movie. When I planned the day, I assumed that someone in my family would be able to watch my younger boys, but no such luck.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My babysitter charges $10 per hour for 1 child and $15 for 2.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would give a flat fee. for 14 hours, 2 kids, I would give the sitter $100
    Mommathatsme

Answer by Mommathatsme at 2:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would pay at least my normal hourly rate of $10-12 hour (for two kids) so you're looking at $140-$160. Maybe the sitter will cut you a deal since it's a long day, but if I were her/him I'd still expect whatever you usually pay per hour.
    chloesmomrocks

Answer by chloesmomrocks at 7:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2009