Who can't take a joke now???

Funny, how Democrats and liberals can dish out jokes, but they can't take them. There have been MANY sexual jokes and remarks about Sarah Palin, (even her kids!) and age-related slanders about John McCain.

Recently, an administrative assistant (Sherri Goforth) sent out an email portraying Obama as two cartoonish white eyes peering from a black background.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/16/tennessee.email/index.html?iref=newssearch

Democrats are crying about how Republicans have "launched this bigoted attack on our president". Are they overreacting? Have you ever known someone to forward emails as jokes when at work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anything sent out like this at work would be immediate grounds for dismissal. There can be no sexual, and no racial discrimination at the place of employment. Regardless of who or what. It's the way of the world Hon... did you not know that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You will find there is a difference between "jokes" and "racial jokes" to most people...

I think all political correctness is a load of hogwash...but that's just me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• "I think all political correctness is a load of hogwash...but that's just me... "

Are you a WASP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You will find there is a difference between "jokes" and "racial jokes" to most people

But sexual jokes are ok?

I would like to know WTH makes RACE jokes SOOOOO much more offensive?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Seriously, they HANGED Sarah Palin from a noose and put McCain burning in the chimney out in CA for a Halloween "prank". How is that not a direct threat????
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• What about all those photo-shopped pictures of Sarah Palin in a confederate bikini while shooting that circulated??? I'm sure that THOSE emails were passed around without any problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• With all the fighting women had to do for equal rights the David letterman "joke" was no different.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• ""Is this indicative of what Senate Republicans think about our commander-in-chief?" asked state Democratic Party Chairman Chip Forrester in a statement posted on the party's Web site."

I think that guy is taking this a little too far.  She is an administrative assistant who was reprimanded.  Almost everyone I know has forwarded 'not so PC emails' while at work.  Chairman Forrester is running with this as negative publicity towards the entire Republican party.  This woman does not define the party.  He is out of line to demand an apology from the Senator Black, the Lt. Governor and Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey. I think Senator Black followed the protocol and made an appropriate statement, and NO ONE needs to apologize for someone ELSE's messup.   

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• For the record, I think they're both equally wrong.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 3:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm with sw33t blond3. Making sexual jokes about Sarah Palin and racist jokes about Obama is not OK. What is especially not OK is those types of jokes in a work environment. If you have friends or family members that will think these jokes are funny, then whatever. But you should NEVER e-mail these types of jokes to colleagues. It's completely inappropriate.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 3:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009