Are you a young adult who:

I'd like to know anyone who remembers how they felt going through visitations back and forth with their divorced parents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• great question!!! i would like to know to!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was 15 and chose for myself I didn't want to come to my dads.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was 6. I wasn't fond of my dad at the time b/c my mom always talked bad about him. I thought he was a bad person so I absolutely hated going to his house. I would cry the whole way there. But, I think as long as the parents sit down and explain what's going on and don't bad mouth one another in from of the kiddos it works out fine. =D
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was 5, I remember going to my dads every other weekend. I looked forward to it. I just hated Sundays when he had to take me back home.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Wow, I always thought the courts had to get involved regarding kids "of age" deciding they were ready to stop seeing one parent or another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• im 17 now but my parents got divorced wen i was 12 and it was the worst most depressing feeling ever!! STILL IS =/ i have actually been thinking a lot b cuz my babys dad doesnt want to make things work with me and i always would want the best for my little girl not being with him is the start cuz i hate the whole separating parents bullshit =/ its so hard cuz i want 2 make things work with him knowing WE CAN DO THIS the babys future in all good ways but ugh i remember crying every night cuz my parents divorce AND THE WHOLE COURT THING SUX !!!!! i was in the middle of EVERYTHING spot light on me always who do i wanna be with whos a better parent who would i live with who do i love more ughh!!! it was hell.... and again STILL is.
    PriscillaMum

Answer by PriscillaMum at 1:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My parents were seperated before I was born and did it untill I was 11 and my dad just decided to stop seeing me. I didnt like it at all because as the kid I felt very pressured to make both the parents feel as though I wanted to be with them, so I was always telling lies about how I wanted to stay with mom or go with dad! Dad always made promises he never kept so I never wanted to go but alway told him I liked seeing him! Im now 21 and know where my dad is since I looked him up on all the basic sites of facebook myspace and even a reunion site. I still have not talked to him though since I was 11 and he does not know that he has been a grandpa for that past 8 months.
    Jessy07

Answer by Jessy07 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I thought it would be fun and fine to go to my Dad's every other weekend... after 2 times though I decided not to go back though. He cheated on my Mom and then left for this girl. When I was there she would just go over board with being loving towards this man. He had to be in every room she was in... couldn't sit down and talk to me and I was often sent to the DQ down the road so they could be alone. I was 12, luckily we found out later he wasn't my Dad... I'm a very well adjusted adult so it hasn't affected me.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Wow! I'm so saddened by these responses. My husband left me and our 2 girls (ages 11 & 8) and I was hoping there might be some good news for their future ... looks like a pretty sad situation.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 10:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2009