Time away help of hurt the relationship?

so I've been back in my home town for the past two weeks for annual training for my unit. i didn't always get to talk to him every night like i was used to due to the hours i was working...but it seems now that hes looking forward to coming up here to be with me again, as well as hes said that hes wanted to change a few things in our sex life as well...I'm just trying to figure out is it cause of the time apart or more of having to do with me always trying to spice things up a little each time we have sex. but even just talking him on the phone when i had the chance it seemed like he didn't want to argue about anything and that hes trying to fix things that haven't been the same since hes gotten home from iraq.

Brit151

Asked by Brit151 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband is in the military and it seems to help. We are currently going through our 2nd deployment and before he left we were starting to get a little rocky. Arguing a lot and just forgetting what it's like when the other isn't around. It brings us closer and makes us appreciate each other more. After a while of being together it's almost like we become complacent and slightly ungrateful for the other until it's gone again. Sometime the reunions are rough but once we've reintegrated each other into our lives then it's like the honeymoon phase all over again. It's actually a wonderful relationship now that I look at it. I get to fall in love with my husband again every time he comes homes. If you really love him and he you, then it will help. It will make you two appreciate your time with each other more. That appreciation may not last forever but it'll be good for a while. HTH!!
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 7:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It can go either way so I guess you will be back soon telling us which one, help or hurt!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• From personal experience, I believe time away helps. If the relationship isnt a healthy one it will end it (which might seem bad at the time but saves you pain in the long run). If the relationship can work it gives both partners a chance to fous on themselves and change themselves in ways that are beneficial to the relationship.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You never know. It depends a lot on why the separation happened. If you're taking a break from each other it may destroy it. Either of you can decide that you like the single life again. And the other may think what you do while on that break is cheating.

It also depends on where your heart ls. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" or "Out of sight out of mind".

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If two people NEED a break, then time away can help....But I always have felt that the more time together as a couple the better for the relationship. Actually...I think it is more about where your head is! If your head is into the relationship than time away can't hurt and may even sort of spice things up. But if your head isn't into the relationship time away allows you to get further away.....If one of the couple is feeling deprived of attention or something like that, time away will not help.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009