can i get in the pool if i gave birth on may 20th?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would ask your doctor because they know your medical/health conditions.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• What? Is there a full moon tonight or something. What does that even have to do with the fact??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i asked because i don't know if i have to wait the six weeks, i wanna make sure i don't catch an infection by getting in the pool as i gave natural birth and i got stitched
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I wouldnt . Not untill you talk to your doctor.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i had a c-section may 21, my doc said it was ok as long as i wasn't bleeding anymore b/c that would mean having to use a tampon and that falls under the 6 weeks thing. i would call your doc anyways to double check since you did have a natural birth and i had a c-section, but i went in last week and the docs ok'd it before hand ( i called b/c we were going to a pool party and i didn't know if i could get in w/my 3 yr old)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2009