For those of you who had a schedualed c-section

Was the night before a horrible night?
I have a c-section schedualed for tomorrow morning at 7.
My 17 month old just left, and im freaking out all i can do is cry. Next time i see her she will be a big sister, a big girl. She wont be my little girl anymore.

I dont think im going to be sleeping a lot tonight, my stomach is just yucky. I had a c-section with my first, and this one is breech, so i gotta do it. Im scared poopless!

How was your night before?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 1:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• awwwee! Your little girl is always going to be your little girl. Nerves are going to make this night one of the hardest for you, but you are going to have a brand new beautiful baby tomorrow morning. Try to think about how beautiful your new baby is going to look and how wonderful it is going to be now that your daughter is going to be a big sister. You will be fine!! :)
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 1:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• for me i couldn't sleep at all. i slept maybe 2 hours, but i was starving and couldn't eat so that kept me up, then on top of that i had to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. its 30 mins away w/o traffic and i live in a big military town so there was gonna be traffic which meant i had to leave at 5, so i had to get up at 4 and was afraid i would over sleep. and i was worried about my 3 yr old waking up w/me not home and how she would do with out me home for a few days b/c i never stay away longer than overnight. you've been through it before, so you know what to expect, don't be scared about it. its pretty much the same (unless it was an emergency c-sec w/the first) but you'll go in get your iv and go over everything with all the docs. then you walk back to the or they'll do the spinal and then you'll have your new baby. as for your daughter, she'll still be your little girl, she always will be.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Thank you guys. i did have an emergency c-section with my first. But, im still horrified.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Oh yes.

I've had 3 sections & have never been able to sleep the night before.

I spent all night playing online and rechecking my bag to make sure I hadn't forgetten anything (which NEVER worked! LOL I ALWAYS forgot something!!)

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had emergency c-section also when I had my daughter. That might be why you are so worried about tomorrow. Your experience tomorrow will be nothing like your last one. It will be better this time.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 1:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I slept ok, but when it was time to get up and get to the hospital, it took forever! I woke up at like 6:00, but I didn't have to be at the hospital until 10:00 and those were the longest 4 hours or my life. Once I got to the hospital tho, time flew by. Good luck!
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 7:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2009