Anyone adopt through foster care in Louisiana?

Joe & I are looking to adopt. We cant really afford to go through the whole adoption process. So we decided to try to adopt through foster care. Is there anyone from Louisiana who has done this? Where do i even begin to start? Do you know about how much it all costs?

sashes4x4

Asked by sashes4x4 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Adoption

• Foster Care Services
    Joseph Bruno, Director
    225-342-1364
    jbruno@dss.state.la.us

Assistant Director
    Joel McLain
    jmclain@dss.state.la.us

This is for the state office... If you tell me what parish you live in i could get the contacts for your area.......I'm not adopting through foster care but so far my adoption has cost a little over $3000 I dont know if its different when you're adopting through foster care or not... But best wishes and good luck :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You can call your local CPS office and ask when the next training starts. Where we are, they are every 3 months. Go to the orientation and you will learn lots, including if this is the route you should take to adopt. Good luck and I hope it works out for you! PS-As far as adoption costs, they are minimal, and sometimes less depending on the ages, sibling groups, etc. Again, good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009