Step- mother problems.......

my husband has a 4 year old daughter from a previous relationship. he's suppose to get her on weekends. but usually ends up getting her only one weekend a month. (because of her mother). ANYWAYS.... he claims that everytime he has her we fight. and he thinks i dont like her. now yes, being 7 months pregnant my patience is not a lot. how ever i dont understand how he thinks my attitude changes when ever shes around. i mean im nice to her, i do stuff with her, we go shopping. but some how he thinks i just dont like her. any suggestions on how to deal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• SEND ME AN INVITE....WE HAVE ALOT TO TALK ABOUT!! I AM SOME WHAT OF THE SAME SITUATION....HOW OLD IS SHE? MY STEP-DAUGHTER IS 9
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• He sees something you don't see. Ask him to be specific so you can correct it. You may be hurting the little girl without realizing it so figure out what it is so you can stop.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Has his daughter said anything to him that makes him think that you don't like her? He really needs to be specific, like admckenzie said. You can't fix the problem if you don't know what the problem is.
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 8:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Well, you just said that being 7 months pregnant and your patience isn't a lot, so shouldn't that tell you that he is seeing something different than what you are saying.Maybe its the way you talk to her, maybe its in the little things that are said and done with the 4 year old that he sees as different.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Find out specifically what makes him get this impression....listen to what he has to say with an open mind and see if there is anything you can do to change it. If you actually don't dislike the girl, it shouldn't be difficult! Maybe you feel some resentment and it shows through??? Maybe you expect more of HIM when his daughter is there...do you feel it all falls on you? something like that...
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• im in the same boat - kind of - my guy has FULL CUSTODY of a 7 yr old. and his mom only has him maybe 1 weekend every few months. i like the kid, but i dont love him. and he is a difficult child. we both think he may be ADD or ADHD. but my guy has not done anything about it, which is another issue between us. and i understand where you being pregnant would make your patience level lower... mine is lower because i have grand children older than my BFs son. i am not exaclty in the parent mode. more keyed to being a grandparent these days. i had a bad time with the whole thing this weekend. i feel for ya, good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I dont have a stepchild but his nieces and nephews might as well be...I understand that kids are hyper, but daaaaaaang. We have an 11month old and these kids (theres 6 under the age of 10) want to hold him and carry him around. I'm 8 months pregnant and just not in the mood to chase kids that are about to drop my kid. He brings one or two at a time over and then he goes off and does what he wants- I get left with the kids. Its hard. And sometimes, I wanna be like, look I didnt have that kid, I had the lil one and I'm currently making this one, so take em home. He thinks I dont like the kids. I do like them, I just dont want to keep the all day with no help.
    Anonymous