How Many C-Section Moms Do We Have?

I want to hear from the ones who've had scheduled (or elective) C-Sections.

Both of mine were. My 1st (daughter) had a HUGE head, so my doctor and I agreed that it would be a better experience for me to schedule one rather than end up with an emergency one. I really have no regrets with the decision. My 2nd (son) was for the same reasons.

CariadSpawn

Asked by CariadSpawn at 1:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first was a vaginal delivery --- and a nightmare. (I won't even go into the laundry list of things that went wrong with that one)

My 2nd was a scheduled section because of his size & my history. (10 lbs. My 1st was 9lbs 4 oz)

My 3rd was a scheduled section because of the gap of time between births (less than 13 mos.) Scheduled for 38 wks, but I was already in labor when I got to the hospital (and didn't even know it). 8 lbs

My 4th was a scheduled section because I had ruptured before my 3rd section & hadn't known it --- all the scar tissue, I was just numb & didn't feel it. They wanted to be sure I wouldn't have any contractions, so I was scheduled for 37 wks.... didn't work though. I was already in labor when I showed up for my appt. 7 lbs 14.8 oz

With all 3 of my scheduled Csections, too, I chose to go under general anesthesia. A lot of people don't even know they can opt for that.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i had a c section..they said my pelvic bones are to small..so i wouldnt be able give birth naturally..(which i reallllly dont get, because im not a small person.lol, im 6 feet, and well, i wont say my weight..lol, but im not small..)my first c section wasnt planned, it was an emergency c section, but they said next time i get pregnant it will be a planned c section..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I've had two and if I am ever successful at getting pregnant and carrying to term again it will be a repeat.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 2:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• !st baby was c-section because I was in labor for over 30hrs finally dilated and pushed for two hrs even had forceps used. Finally went down to c-section baby weighted 9lbs. 11 oz @40wks 2 days

2nd was scheduled repeat at 38 wks and baby weighed 9lbs. 3 oz.

3rd was an emeergency repeat after an amnio at 37wks 1 day the amnio started hard labor and repeat c-section was done abay weighed 8lbs. 14 oz. at 37 wks. 1 day.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 2:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• alexis_06 I am the same way, just about 6 feet and pretty much the opposite of petite. My daughter ended up being 9lbs 11oz. I guess my baby making equipment just isn't proportionate to the rest of me!
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 2:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I've had 2. 1st was not planned, her head was turned to the side and was NOT coming out after pushing for a LONG time. 12/2/1999

2nd one was scheduled because my OB planted the seed of "risk" in my head and I got scared. My baby was born 10/2/2007. My kids are 2 months exactly apart.

I'm pregnant with #3 and I'm trying to avoid a C section and have contacted ICAN... Wish me luck. I'm having a hard time finding someone in my corner.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• When I had my son I had to have a C-Section. The only reason is because by the time my due date came around my sons head wasn't down where it was suppose to be and I had even started to dilated yet. So during my last prenatal appointment my doctor decided to schedule my C-Section for the following Monday morning.

csims702

Answer by csims702 at 3:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• MY FIRST BABIE WAS 100% BIRN NATURALLY AT HOME W.THE HELP ON 2 MIDWIFES, I DID GO TO THE DR. ALL THE WAY TO THE LAS VISIT I JUST HAD PLANED THE BIRTH TO BE NATURAL AND AT HOME, WE HAVE A HOSPITAL ABOUT 5MINUTES FROM THE HOUSE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, WELL IT HURT LIKE HELLLLL! BUT AFTER THE BIG 9 1/2 lbs BABIE WAS OUT OF 90 lbs , 5 FEET TALL LITTLE ME I THOUGHT THERES NO NEED TO RISK IT THIS WAY EVER AGAIN AT LEAST FOR ME BEING THE SIZE I AM!
    MY SECOND AND LAST BABIE WAS 100% TOTALLY AT THE HOSPITAL W/C-SECTION, ALSO ANOTHER BABIE OF 9 1/2 lbs.... My Dr. said I was the smallest mom having the bigest babie she has had..... no rest,they came into the room all the time, checking if i had fed the babie, TRYING TO GIVE SHOTS THAT I DIDN'T APOVE OF, I WANTED TO GO HOME SO,SO BAD! I CRYED ALL NIGHT! SO CLOSE BUT FAR AWAY...
    Sincitymamy

Answer by Sincitymamy at 4:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I've had 4 c-sections and all 4 were planned. The first one I was told at my 36 week appt that I would never deliver vaginally because of the shape and size of my pelvis. I had 3 internal exams that day and then the next week had a couple more (all different doctors). They all agreed and the c-section was scheduled for 38 1/2 weeks.
    The other 3 were just repeats but basically I was told I would just never have a vaginal birth. I've been examined by 12 doctors at 4 different practices in 3 different states and they have all agreed...my pelvis is too small to have a baby vaginally.
    My mom was told something similar in the 70s. I was born vaginally weighing just 5lbs 14oz. they said any bigger and I wouldn't have fit. My brother was born 2 years later at just over 6lbs and her labor with him lasted much longer and almost ended in a c-section.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I have never had one, but I was in the room with my daughter when she had a c-section for my granddaughter's birth.
    Hers was planned, but for medical reasons. She has seizures from an old skull fracture and she had a pelvic fracture that hadn't fully healed (she fell down some stairs before her pregnancy). So, the doctor said she could not allow her to give birth vaginally.
    I am passionate about the medical field and have two degrees as such so I was enthralled when the OB allowed me to watch and she explained the procedure to me as she went along, even though I read up on it prior to the surgery.
    My poor daughter had to be put out, though, because of her seizure activity so she didn't get to see her daughter until 4 hours later when she came out of the NICU (the baby, not my daughter...LOL). Thankfully, she bonded well.
    By the way, a healthy uterus is a beautiful organ!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009