Was I wrong to get all bent out of shape??

We went to Wal*mart today. I took my 8 yr old niece, 3 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter.

We were given a free sample of lolipops, and offered gum which we declined. All 3 kids got a sucker. The lady said "Take a couple more for them, I have too many." I said no thanks.

Well on the way out of walmart (there is a subway in the store) and into subway to pick up a birthday lunch for my sister, I went to the lady.

I said, "Can I go ahead and get 3 more of those suckers for the kids?"

She reluctantly said, "well... i don't care. But I don't think you shojld give them to 'em for LUNCH."

I said, "well, we're on our way into subway right now..."

Didn't want to get into the whole thing of, it's my sister's birthday, we have to still get a cake and balloons, THEN eat...

As I picked 3 suckers, she goes, "You could just put th

Asked by TXdanielly at 8:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Many times I find myself in this kind of scenario where a stranger is misunderstanding me and like you, I'm not going to take the time to explain and justify my decision. I think of it as good material for a story where I am the heroine who has the perspective of amusement at what other's say even if I'm at the wrong end of their opinion. You could have (looking back now of course) very sincerely explained that you normally feed the children sugar packets but you ran out of those.

Answer by Kristabell at 11:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• If you have to ask if you were wrong, then you probably were.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Is there more to this question?

Answer by Silvia1011 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You shoould have told her how lucky you feel she wasnt your MIL or a relative....Butt inski's are the worst.

Answer by vbruno at 10:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think you might have misunderstood what she was saying, a lot of people have a joking personality in a serious tone. I am one of them. It's a horrible feeling when I know I have upset someone...I doubt she meant to hurt you by any means. Let it roll off your back honey.

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it!

Answer by nell_brinkley at 4:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008