So I turn 40 tomorrow and I am cool about it....but then I think people are convincing me that it is all downhill from here...

You know the jokes, damn! you're 40? The over the hill jokes but now I am like wow, 40. I am old but I am immature on a funny level. I was married once and divorced. I have only 1 child when I dreamed of having 3 (and being married). I haven't had a boyfriend since my ex-husband, I don't date, I have a sucky job and my son is only getting older and won't need me soon......Am I depressed?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sweetie, I am 42 and I can honestly tell you that life is so much better with age!
    You only feel as old as you treat your mind and body - not how many years you have been on this earth.
    I wish you a wonderful and happy birthday! Keep on being the young and vivacious lovely you are!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Happy Birthday. My sons turns 18 Today.. 40 is not so bad. It's a number.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 2:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• What you talking about Gigi? 40 is the new 20! ...my MIL is 45 and she is wokring on her PhD. You still have lots of time!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Thanks ladies but I also feel it physically. I am overweight and I should have lost these 50 lbs 10 years ago and now it will be more difficult. I never persued an education for stupid reasons and since my dad died I have devoted myself wholly to my mom and raising my son but how time flies. Eventually my mom and my son will leave me (in different ways) and I will be where? ok, I need to take a deep breath.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm 46 and no where near the downhill side of the mountain.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 2:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm 45. It's great to finally have a life and money to spend on me now that the kids are out of the house! I love it. I am traveling, pampering myself and spending money right and left. Get out there and enjoy it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Your question got me to thinking: 40's are an excellent age, especially if you have your kids in your early 20's. By the time you are in your early 40's they are grown and ready to go out on their own. Then, like me, you have time, money and fun. You're not too old to enjoy it either. I am having the time of my life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Anon :35 I don't make enough money to pamper myself or travel, lol and anon :37 I had my boy at 29, he will be 11 in Oct. But I am happy to hear such positive attitudes. Hope it rubs off on me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 40 is not old at all and you don't have to spend a lot of money pampering yourself-do it yourself!! Take a bubble bath, paint your nails or whatever! It's your personal holiday-why would you be depressed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was about to say 40 is the new 20 but someone said that already. Aww, Don't be sad girl!I'll be up there in no time too! Hang in there mama! And have a happy B day!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009