How often do you go out with friends? Where do you go? Especially if you're married..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, here's the scoop. I was married for several years at one point. I had a great friend and my husband had good friends. That was all fine. I got divorced and got kind of wild for a while. I only had one true friend that remains my friend today. Most wanted nothing to do with me once I got divorced for fear of me "going after their man", I am assuming. Anyway.. I found out who my friends were. So, I am now married again, but I don't associate with any friends and have not made any new friends. I like my life simple, relaxed and enjoyable. No complications. I have my family, I have my husband. That's about it.

I guess what I am trying to say, is at some point you will outgrow this "going out" stuff. After all, relaxation, home, family and quiet are the good things in life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• once every 6-10 months. we take the kids out to chuck e cheese. i dont get much time away from home or time away from the kids. but hey, that's life! x)

i do get kind of jealous though, since hubby is out almost every day with a friend while i take care of the kids.. but i've given up on that "it's not fair" fight & just learned to deal with it. it's not that bad, i just gotta trick myself into thinking it's fun! x)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Ditto anon, but I have never remarried. I have one friend that I have had for 20 years. She is not a best friend but one that knows me from being 20. young and carefree to being 40 and have baggage. I do go to her house and we have a good time but short of happy hour twice a year, I never go out.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I go out with friends about 6 times a year to the bar however, we're getting a bit old for this so we've cut down. Now we started to meet for coffee, movie or dinner, something more our age. We're all about 30!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• 1 saturday out of every 2 months i spend the day with the girls. we go for coffe, lunch, shopping, get manicures. just girl stuff. sometimes i'll bring a kid along too. from august-april i play darts on thursday nights, so i get about 5 hours there, just playing and maybe having a couple drinks.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I don't have any friends. :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009