As a Christian, have you faced discrimination?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, The bible warns up that that will happen but the bible says count it all joy and i always go to these verses also.. Matthew 7:12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. HelpfulNot Helpful Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Nope I'm not a Christian however, SOME Christians discriminate against me. Sad but true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• at times by certan individuals. but nothing compare to missionaries that go out to other countries that kill them because they are christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Not really. My persecution came from my loved ones.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yes, but it is to be expected along with judgement and persecution. taking the decision on to live a christian is not an easy one, it was never meant to be. when you become a christian you accept the fact that tribulations will come, don't center so much attention on the fact that it is present. rather, center your attention on your handling of it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• as a jw, the only discrimination i've faced was here on cafemom. i've had people write bad things to me, although one did email me to apologize. we believe what we read in the bible and try to follow it as best as possible. Everyone has flaws, nobody is perfect. so anyways thats my discrimination story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Nope. I'm a Christian and I have never faced discrimination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• More "persecution" than discrimination. I have had jobs that have not permitted me to be off of work to observe Sundays and go to worship. I have had employers try to appeal to my "Christian side" and try to basically make me their slaves because Christians are supposed to be nice and helpful and never say "no" right?

People have assumed that I'm stupid and closed minded for being a Christian. That I "must" be a Christian because I've never been educated or studied anything else.

Most of the persecution I've recieved has been from fellow-Christians. Catholics have called me a heretic and I was accused of defiling someone's home because I freaking REFUSED to say that I believe in saint-prayers and that priests shouldn't marry. Pennecostals have called me "cold" and "unzealous." Evangelicals and other have just downright sent me to hell in their words and minds.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My mom who is a Bible-Literalist (for the most part) has cried for my soul on at least one occasion. When I was a young, interested Christian, I was made fun of for the questions I had at church and the teaching elders didn't have time for me or to take my thoughts seriously.

I seperate what others do from what my faith says they should be doing. I don't hold my religion, or anybody's religion accountable for what the "followers" say and do in the name of what they claim they beleive.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yes i'm told i'm not christian cause i'm lds or rather known as mormons. even though we are just that christians. i feel if your true christian then you don't put others beliefs down. so if you disagree levae it to god and love the person for their worth and not what you may label them, after all you could be wrong. if your not mormon then you can't say if they are not christians just cause you disagree with their beliefs. thats silly cause i bet you every mormon you come in contact say they are christian and thats cause we feel we are and live by the christian gospel. just cause beliefs don't coincide with the main stream does't mean that we don't believe in christ which is the true meaning of being a christian. heck our true name is the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009