• In the Spotlight:

Do you care if the person babysitting has a beer while watching your infant?

My roommate watched my 5 month old the other day (around 11 in the morning) and when I came home there was a big open beer on the table. It didn't really bother me too much since my SO occasionally drinks around her and I have a couple times. But it isn't his child and it's 11 in the morning..he couldn't just wait? I would never babysit someones child for a couple hours and drink, even if I;ve seen the parents do it.

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 3:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep! I'd be upset. It should be common sense when you're babysitting not to drink a beer, but many people lack common sense so it doesn't surprise me! I wouldn't trust him to watch my baby anymore-lesson learned.

I had a girlfriend watch my infant for ONE hour and when I walked in the DUMB bitch was high on marijuana! Never asked that STUPID BITCH to watch my baby ever again!! People are so inconsiderate and stupid that it blows my mind!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• That's just weird BUT maybe it helped him relax a little if he was nervous, IDK, strange situation.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• no way. sounds like he's an alcoholic if he's drinking that early lol. Plus um a baby is more important to take care of than a desire to drink. I would never leave my child with a person who drank while watching her no matter what time it was or how long they were wathcing my child...you never know what can happen in a fraction of a second and then they would be innebriated and either couldnt make sound judgement about giving/getting care or could cause harm to the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• no way
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Well 11 in the morning is kinda early for drinking. Was the baby teething?
    As long as my sitter isn't getting totally sh!tfaced, but my son is older.

*pauses*

Bash away anon troll
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• No this would not be okay with me. I would not want my sitter, OB, pediatrician or anyone else who comes in contact with my son having a drink before seeing him!!! If you need a drink to calm your nerves around my son then you don't need to be around my son! This is my opinion!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Drinking A BEER maybe not so much of a worry to me if i knew the person and trusted them...yea its kinda early to me, but who knows i know women who work 3rd shift and are comming down from work at 11 am.thats night time to them because theyre so backwards...however..smoking.. NOPE dont even try it...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think this would bother me. I would never drink while watching someone elses kid, but thats just me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would have a fit if someone drank or did any drugs while watching my children, no matter what age they are!
    When my live-in infant granddaughter is in my care while her mommy works I will not take any of my pain medications until my daughter comes home or my husband is able to care for her if she happens to wake up in the night.
    The care of a child is a huge responsibility and should never be taken lightly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2009