How can I get people to not kiss my baby on the mouth?

My baby is just a 1 week and 3 days old. Some of the people that have come to visit her have tried to kiss her on the lips. It bothers me and I do not want anyone kissing my newborn on the lips and exposing her anymore to germs, colds, cold sores etc. What could I say to people when they first come over that is not going to offend them to prevent them from possibly trying to kiss her on the lips? I know that babies are going to be exposed to some germs but I do not want my infant getting a cold sore because some person kissed her when she was a baby. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just ask them as nicely as possible that if they want to kiss your baby to do it on the head (if you even want them doing it at all). They should understand. If they ask for a reason just say because I'm uncomfortable with it. Don't mention the germs, they might get all bitchy.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Another question where people lack common sense. Who in the hell doesn't know this?

Tell them the Dr. and nurses said that YOUR baby can't be exposed to many germs! Also, tell them to wash their hands before they handle your baby! And if these people who are kissing your baby tell you " oh we kissed all of our babies and their fine" tell them once again the Dr. feels that MY baby is sensitive and I trust my Dr.

Good luck! People are so dumb!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i had a thing of sanitizer waiting for ppl who walked in the door..that was a good time to talk about what not to do to baby! Just say the hospital told you to not let people kiss your child...yadda yadda make a list! I always feel bad being "bitchy" but not when it comes to my babies health!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would flat out say "please do not kiss her on the lips. I do not mind if you kiss her head but leave the lips alone... thank you." She is your baby and you are mom! If they don't respect it then they can leave. I personally have never seen anyone try to kiss a baby on the lips and I agree with you! I wouldn't want people kissing my dd on the lips either!
    But that is just the way I would personally handle it....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2009