Did you do anything special for your SO? Or you single mom's out there...

Did your kids do anything special for you?

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 4:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• so i got up yesterday morning and cooked a huge breakfast. pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns. i set the table all pretty and waited for my dh to get up and surprise him. well 8am rolled around, 9am rolled around, 10am rolled around and me and dd got hungry so we ate, and then 11am rolled around, nap time came and i laid dd down and still no hubby. he ended up sleeping until 1:30pm and the only reason he got up then was because dd woke him up when she got up from her nap. he seemed so blah about the shirts that me and dd worked so hard to make him. and then i tried like hell to get him to go swimming which he has been wanting to do since it got hot and he waited to get ready until 5:30pm when it was already too late to go. so yeah yesterday was kind of a bummer.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• well my sons to young, and ya i'm a single mom, but my bf did text me happy fathers dad, with a its for you as well cuz ur mom and dad to your son. Thought it was cute but funny. I sent him one back even though he doesn't have kids of his own
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Awww How sweet! My son usually(attempts) to make me breakfast in bed(He hasn't been allowed to touch the toaster since!). But he's at Sperm Donor's right now and I'm bummed!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I guess when my sons class was making framed pics for their dads my son and the other 2 kids in the class (one boys father died 3 years ago and the other is being raised by his mom and her "partner" They decided to call us dad! I got a pic where he wrote Happy Fathers Day Mom and Dad and then he put my first and last name on it. It was so cute.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• not really, it was a horrible day for hubby! his laptop broke so we couldn't get on webcam and talk and stuff. :( But I got our dd to make a finger painting for him!!! And it's got her handprints and foot prints so as soon as i get a mailing address again (he moved) I can get that to him
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Awww that's great Gigi

lil mama1108 is your hubby in the military?
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009