ok i have been on the depo shot for about 4 months now and want to conceive not gona take shot but any one have suggestions on uping my chances on getting prego quick

i have been having trouble getting prego and me and my hubby have decided to shot for a girl this tme we have 2 boys he is one of 3 boys and we want a girl and i really dont care what it is as long as its a live and is a baby but please any suggestions and i want to get prego quick and how do i find out when i ovulate especially since im dont have my period yet thanks to the shot lol please answer soon

ashleybritt

Asked by ashleybritt at 7:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• theres always ovulation test you can get at the store, or you can do basal body temps, and when your temp its higher then normal your ovulating. Its best to check 1st thing in the morning
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• well i took the depo shot every 3 months for 9 months it really messes you up for awhile and that period might be mia a long time mine was til i started using patches 6 months after i quit i only used them for 4 months though i quit last month and its mia again but ive been ttc goodluck though<3
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 7:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It can take awhile for the shot to get out of your system and for your period and ovulation to become regular again. It can take up to 18 months after stopping the shot to become fertile again, so dont be too disappointed if you dont get pregnant quickly. Give yourself time to get back to normal. I know this is not what you want to hear but I dont want you to be upset each month, now the 18 month thing might not be you bc you have been on it for a short period of time but just in case, you know that it can take that long.
    Anonymous

• Took me a full year to get pregnant after I went off the Depo shot I will never use it again!
    Anonymous