Do you think we should have a SINGLE MOM day?

It is unbelievable single mom think they should have father's day. Maybe just give them their own day; such as SINGLE MOM DAY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. Some of us single moms don't think we should have fathers day as a day for us. Ya we have to fill the role as mother and father to our children, because some of us have dead beat dads who dont want anything to do with their kids. So don't go making us look bad. I'm happy just having mothers day, but am not going to say anything if someone wishes me a happy fathers day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Only if they are willing to stand up and publicly admit that they made a bad choice in the man they chose to be the father of their children. If any woman is man enough to admit it was her fault that she is now a single mom, then she can be honored on father's day. Every woman who is a single mom made a bad choice, unless of course, she is a widow. That's a whole other matter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• MOTHERS day
    is for married and unmarried mothers
    soyou have a day
    why should you get 2 days just because your single?
    whats next a married/ girlfriend moms day ?
    get over it mothers day was in may
    you had a day
    noone says you have to celebrate or even recognize fathers day
    if you dont like it then ignore it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• (I'm first anon)Honestly when i got pregnant, i was married and thought my sons dad would be there for him, but he filed for divorce 4 months after i got preggo. Ya i admit he wasn't the right guy to be having kids with, but he seemed like he really wanted to be a daddy. So after a year of him asking i finally said ok. I love being a mommy and wouldn't change anything about it. Ya so my sons dads a loser who wants nothing to do with me or him, his loss. I have a beautiful baby boy. Not all single moms make bad choices, just because we don't have a picture perfect marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• What? Why does being single make you so special? Mother's a mother, you do the same job. You get mother's day which is really just an excuse for someone to buy you things. I think both mothers and fathers days are pointless. You have your kids so you can love them and enjoy them not so you can have a day set aside for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Anon 8:29, my ex told me he loved me, wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, raise children with me, grow old and play with our grandhildren together. Then, he cheated, lied, and told me after we were married for nearly 3 yrs that he didn't want kids, hated them, and didn't want to be with me. How the hell is that MY fault?

Get off your judgmental high horse. You don't know what goes on in other people's lives, and you have no right to judge and make comments.

And for the record, I don't feel I need to be honored on father's day. That is a day for my dad and all the other men who are good, stand up fathers to their children. I have my day in May. That's the only day I need.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• single moms get 2 days! mothers day AND fathers day!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• To the anon poster who said " Every woman who is a single mom made a bad choice, unless of course, she is a widow. That's a whole other matter. " I was watching a show on PBS that had a single mother because she was the victim of a sexual assult and chose to keep her baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Not unless there is a married moms' day
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think Single mom's should get their own day, as well as mothers and fathers day.
    I'm lucky. I have a wonderful husband who actually does more housework than me -- actually does most of it. He's everything I could have ever imagined.
    He's works doubles -- and drives an hour to work so he's gone from 1:30 p.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning, sleeps until 1 p.m. and is out the door at 1:30 p.m. again -- twice a week. During that time, life is difficult! I don't know how single moms do it! No matter what the situation is I am so proud of all single mothers who are able to wake up each day and do everything they can for their children, all by themselves.
    So if you are a single mom, make a day for yourself, every year, where you can get a babysitter or someone to help you out, and go out and have some fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2009