A fine example of government run healthcare...

"He simply rewrote his surgical plan to match the number of seeds in the prostate, investigators said."

"Had [they] responded more aggressively, [they] might have uncovered a rogue cancer unit at the hospital, one that operated with virtually no outside scrutiny and botched 92 of 116 cancer treatments over a span of more than six years — and then kept quiet about it, according to interviews with investigators, government officials and public records."

"The team continued implants for a year even though the equipment that measured whether patients received the proper radiation dose was broken."

Certainly this could never happen in AMERICA?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/health/21radiation.html?_r=1&emc=eta1

OOPS! I stand corrected!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is sickening and saddening. WTF is wrong with doctors? No true concern or care for a human life!!?? These VA hospitals should be boycotted and heavily investigated. There have been way to many "oops" within them. Last I heard that a VA hospital wasn't cleaning their colonoscopy equipment properly and therefore subjected THOUSANDS of people to HIV and every other STD and diseases. UGH. I would NEVER let anyone I know be treated at one of these hospitals. awful.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It probably already does.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP why do you think it already does not ?

When people get HIV & hepatitis B after colonoscopie. Or when some hospitals hide the statistics how many Cesarean sections they perform.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP here....

I was being SARCASTIC!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• if you think this is not happening now in non-government run hospitals, then I want some of what you are smoking.cause it must be really good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• While that may have happened in a government VA hospital but it happens all over. My mom was given to much radiation when she had it to reduce a tumor in her lung. The Dr said it was a mess in there when he went to remove the rest of the tumor.
    This is another reason we need to pay more attention to what goes on with our bodies though and when caught the medical society needs to do more about it. I'd hate for all the good Dr.s to head off to greener passeges and we be left with all the dopes who never should have graduated when Obama care is instituted.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP again...
    That was the point of my post. That it will only get worse with 100% government controlled health care--which, unfortunately is where we are headed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Health care in Government run facilities and in the private sector has always had their problems, made many mistakes. It is nothing new and it has nothing to do with socialized government care. Do you KNOW what you are talking about? It doesn't seem so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I know what she is talking about and she is right. It will increase. The medical field will no longer attract the best and the brightest and more mistakes will occur.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• The point is, this IS government health care now, on a small scale. They obviously cannot manage it effectively and these kinds of gross errors and cover ups happen frequently!

What happens when it is on a much larger scale? As in it's your ONLY option?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009