getting real fat...

i have a horrible addiction to sugar.and anything sweet.this is a 2 part question.i have been walking but i think i am eating more than walking.now my daughter has kept her weight all year and hasnt gained any/my questions are how do i get rid of the addiction and lose some weight and how do i keep my daughter from putting on all the weight that she has not lost cause she just needs to maintain.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You need to switch to sweeteners. Use them for everything - tea, coffee, buy sugar free candy and chocolate. But if you really need to loose weight you will have to review you diet. I will tell you what helped me:
    1. No sugar. None. You need to read food labels. Even juice have a lot of sugar.
    2. Eat only whole grain bread and only for breakfast. I bake my own bread because all commercial breads have little whole grain even if they say 100% whole grain.
    3. Don't eat anything after 6 PM. You can drink tea, coffee, water but no food.
    4. Exercise 30 minutes every day. 7 days a week. 2 hours a day twice a week is not as good as 30 minutes every day. Do what you really like - running, walking, swimming, cardio ect. You can do something different every day if you like. I do belly dance and yoga because i love them.

I was 150 lbs 2 years ago. Now I am 125.

These rules will also work for your daughter to keep her weigh
    Bryans_Mom

Answer by Bryans_Mom at 8:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If you are "addicted" to sugar, be careful to replace the addiction with a healthy one. Usually people who give up one addiction form another. Start small! Take it one meal at a time. If you HAVE TO have the piece of cake limit yourself to only half the slice. Put a picture on the fridge of you thinner or some hot dress you want to fit into, when we are reminded of our goals they are easier to keep! Also make a menu for the week and then make a list!!!! DO NOT SHOP HUNGRY!!!! Always have a full belly when grocery shopping, this is when we think...ooohhh cake would be great, or it is so hot I need some ice cream. I will say this...I like ice cream too, so I have found these bars that are great and under 100 calories...if I have to have ice cream...I am limited to the serving size and know it is less than 100 calories! If you like yogurt...my mom always buys them and then freezes them and she has all diff. types of frozen yogurt
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You definitely need to change the way you eat, not just for yourself, but to set a great example for your child.
    First, drink your water! At least 8 8oz glasses a day. Add a glass for every beverage you have with caffeine or alcohol
    Next, eat your fruits and veggies; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Start replacing your white/simple grains (white rice, white pasta, white bread, you get the picture) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, whole grain bread, etc.).
    Now cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Eat at least one serving of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Eating healthy, combined with the great exercise that you are doing, will have you at a healthy weight in no time.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If you are ready to make a life style change and ready to give up the sugar check out my profile. I know you can do and not only for yourself but your daughter. Like another person posted you need to make sure you make healthy choices. I know when I have a sugar craving I have a vanilla protein shake or fruit. I know who you can cut down on the cravings. Look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck!
    Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 1:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Simple: move more, and eat better.

Cut the sugar. Purge it from your house. If it's not in your kitchen, you won't eat it.

Find joy in naturally sweet things. Fruit is wonderful. My favorite is dried cranberries. Yogurt is also great--try mixing fresh fruit/berries into some yogurt.

Discover various ways to cook vegetables, and try using different spices and seasonings.

Oh, and walk more. Try something else in addition to walking, such as cycling or climbing stairs. (Stairs are great!) Or join a weight lifting or cycling class.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009