How much bottle for an 8 month old??

My 8 month old has less and less interest in her bottle. She was eating four 8 oz bottle a day with some solids foods at lunch and breakfast. Now, I am doing good to get her to take 5 oz 4 times a day, but she will eat 1/2 to a full jar of solids 3 times a day. I make sure she has a sippy cup handy, but I just want to make sure she is getting enough fluids. she has about 6 or 7 wet diapers a day. Thanks for your input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Going out on a limb and thinking that she's drinking formula in the bottle?

At her age, it's expected that she drink less formula, and eat more FOOD. Start giving her real food to make up for the nutrients she's losing from formula. The amount she is taking now, is what our pediatrician said was okay for my kids...but they were eating all table foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Once they start eating it is normal for them to drink less. Try and get her to drink 24oz a day . I always fed mine cereal made with formula so they got a bit more.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Sounds like she's right on track
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would say more solids is in order since shes drinking so much less...i would try more jar food if thats what your working on...like maybe higher stages.or simple table food....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009