Stress and Depressed!

IOm 34.5 weeks pregnant and last sunday the 14th. My friend and someone i worked with killed himself. He hung himself in his closet all over a GIRL! He never showed up for work and i called and called and called. Me and everyone just thought he didnt want to work here so he wasnt gonna pick up the phone. Anyway, I went home and drove by his house, saw his truck and felt better that he was home. This was about 2:30. Then at 5:30 (my husband is a cop so i listen to the scanner) a call came out at my friends apartments of a suicide and my heart fell to the floor. My husband didnt know him but walked in to find him dead. The kids brother cut him down and called the cops. I feel like stress and depression have taken over my body. I cant stop thinking about him and feel so bad for his family. He wasnt someone we thought could or ever would do this. Is the stress bad for my unborn baby? Can it cause problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe try sending a card to his parents or brother and write down how much you liked their son and how you sad you feel about the situation. That might release some of the stress you are feeling and help you to cope with the loss. I'm sure they would love to hear any happy memories you have of their loved one.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:27 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Stress like that can cause you to go into premature labor.I would go in to the docks and see what they can do to help with the stress and depression. Im so sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling a close friend of mine did the same thing. I hope things start to get better for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My hsubands mom died when I was pregnant with my last child. I was about 11weeks pregnant and when he went in to see her after she was gone in the hospital with his brothers, I stayed out of the room cause I didn't want to be stressed or have her image in my head of being dead. I was a little depressed for awhile but tried to forget what happened cause I didnt want to hurt my baby.
    Anonymous