ANYONE LIVE WITH A UNDIAGNOSED BI-POLAR HUSBAND?

MY HUSBAND HAD BEEN AWFUL TO LIVE WITH THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS MAYBE EVEN MONTHS IF I GO BACK THAT FAR. HE IS ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS BUT THEY ARE JUST NOT WORKING. I REALLY THINK ALONG WITH SOME OF HIS FAMILY THAT HE IS BI-POLAR. I AM REALLY SCARED TO DEATH THAT IN A ANGER RAGE HE WILL HURT ME OR MY CHILD, NO ON PURPOSE BUT WHEN HE GOES ON ANGER RAGES HE IS CRAZY AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO. I WILL TAKE ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GET.
ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO START? DO I CALL THE MEDICAL DOCTOR FIRST AND ASK FOR A REFERAL TO A BEHAVIOR DOCTOR, I WAS TOLD THAT A REGULAR MD CAN NOT DIAGNOSIS BI-POLAR RIGHT.

HELP!!!!

ethansmommie06

Asked by ethansmommie06 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Call and talk to the dr. and see what they say you can also call the ward ( 2 rivers is what we have) see if you can talk to someone. GL mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I DO I DO! HE wont get help for anything! I dont know how to help you I have been going through it for 9 years... at least your hubby is on meds and willing to try... mine was put on prozac once and he took im self off it and left me for 5 months... it has been a tough road but... Imafraid to say I think I may be on my way out. :o(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You cannot get help for your husband, you can only get help for yourself. I know that's not what you want to hear. I tried to help my live-in ex-boyfriend who was definitely bipolar. Of course at the time I didn't know what he had. I asked him to seek therapy. He went on anti-depressants and I later learned, he was self-medicating on whatever drugs he could get his hands on (prescrips & illegal) and only pretending to see the therapist. You can contact the Dr. that prescribed his meds and explain it's doing nothing and you're afraid. He may help you. If not, YOU need to seek help for yourself and please do it quickly. The longer you wait, the worse it will be for everyone.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It honestly might not be bipolar. If your hubby had bp you would not want him on antidepresents. They tend to make people with bp rapid cycle and go manic. Sometimes it causes thoughts of suicide too. You need to talk to someone and figure out what you can do. If he is a threat to others or himself he could be committed, but other than that you really can not do anything for him. You can do things for yourself and your children though.
    Anonymous

• My DH is there poster child!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009