Those who were pregnant in the summer.. (due in july, aug, september).. how bad was it??

I'm thinking about the next baby and what season I would like to have it in.. I was thinking around August but I've heard summer babies the mommas are miserable.. is this true? I mean obviously I know its hot (im miserable when its hot period) but just looking for personal experience. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my dd was born in late july & it wasn't too bad and now i'm due to have this baby the 1st week of septmeber and to be honest it's a little worse, but i think it's because where i live it's been gettinf up in the 100s and this baby is bigger than my 1st, i have some other medical issues this time around too, but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, just drink plenty of water and stay inside as much as possible :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• if you can help it don't have a baby in the summer. i now have four boys and for some reason three of them decided to be born in the summer. i have one in july and two in august. to me my house was comfortable but to everyone else it was like winter. going outside is a most but an unpleasant experience because of the weather. the heat makes you moddier and the littliest thing gets you mad, yelling and ready to hurt somene.
    momplus3

Answer by momplus3 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was pregnant in the summer both time with my kids, but they were both born in late fall and winter, so I wasnt huge pregnant. I was still miserable, and I can imagine being 39-40 weeks pregnant in that hot of weather.. I live in NC and the temperature can get past 100 degrees here on some days.. No thank you. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm 8 months pregnant with my first, and I can tell you, having a baby in the middle of 95-100 degree weather is NOT fun. I don't know how much better it is for moms in the winter, but I am huge and hot and irritable ALL the time! The heat and extra weight makes your ankles swell to huge sizes, and you get sick to your stomach just walking to the mailbox! Also, clothing is a big decision (should I show off that much skin even if its comfortable?). The heat also makes me dizzy and light-headed, and I don't feel like going anywhere. It really makes it rough. My next baby is going to be a winter baby if I can help it!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had my baby in the middle of september and it was hot and I was cranky lol. I live in central florida so you can only imagine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had my twins Aug. 7, 2005, and I have to say it wasn't that bad at all. It was after they were born, and having to drag them and everything else, (Car sears, strollers, bottles, diaper bags, ect.) in the heat that was awful. I would prefer to pregnant the entire summer, and have the baby in the winter.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 10:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My baby was born in july 10 and i wasn't a very happy pg mommy, i was very crabby and took the heat out on my hubby plus it didn't help that my van quit having cold air while my husband was OTR driver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My son was born Aug 24th 05 and that June July and August were very very hot and humid here. As long as you have air, at home and in your car it is not too bad. We also have a pool so that was wonderful relief from the heat and the stress on my body. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had both of my boys in summer. One July 2nd & the other Septmeber 18th. Being huge in the summer SUCKED. I am so glad this baby is due in December! I swear I will never have another summer baby. In WA, most houses & apartments don't have A/C so it's torture during those hot months!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My son was born aug 21st and yes i was hot and misserable and i truely dont think i could have lasted any more time being pregnant
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 10:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009