Is drinking iced tea almost as good as drinking water?

I hate water! I drink a lot of Dr. Pepper but I am trying to replace it with iced tea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• The main thing with iced tea is that it has caffeine in it. I don't think there is anything else in Tea that might be detrimental in any way. I just drink decaf tea. I hate plain water so it's really hard to get 8 bottles down me in a day but i can drink 6-8 glasses of decaf a day.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yep caffeine is a biggie with tea. Also watch how much sugar you use.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• try flavored water
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• No it isn't. I tried that, too. Instead, it made me very dehydrated, and I ended up dizzy, nauseous, and cranky. Now I put lemon in my water to flavor it a little. And I drink it very cold.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:23 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Tea is a natural diuretic...meaning it'll cause your body to lose even more water and can make you dehydrated. Find something you like to falvor your water. For instance I add 1 or 2 capfuls of Lemon Juice to my water, gives it a great taste and it's all I drink.

Also most iced teas have LOTS of sugar in them, as much as the soda does, which isn't good for you.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• you should drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. you should add a glass for every caffeinated beverage or soda that you driink. you can liven up your water with slices of fruits or vegetables.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009