Baby formulas

Hi. This is my 1st post. I have a 1month old baby girl. She has a little reflex problem. She has been taking med while on good start formula, but that was not helping she was crying after every feed n it would take about 45 mins to calm her down. Her doctor changed her formula now to Similac Alimentum, it has been work since the 1st feeding with it. She also told me to try Emfamil, but baby girl didnt want that one. I did some read up on Similac n they add sugar, ppl said that keeps their kids up, i had no issue with this. My thing is what other formula are out there beside Similac, Emfamil, or Good Start??? I am not sure if her wic will cover similac, i dont want her to go back to good start as it made her cranky and cry after feeding. I thank you for your help.

ChefGV

Asked by ChefGV at 9:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• carnation has made formula since my grandma had her first child..she didnt really like it tthough..with enfamil, they have all different kinds that reduce colic, gas, with iron and without...some moms have to go through 8 formula changes before they find hte one that works!!! sometimes one will work for a month, and then stop agreeing with their tummys..its just a guess and check thing!! GL though!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I used Emfamil Gentlease. They do have generic brands, they are the same just cheaper.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• ask your doctor for a prescription for the formula you want that works for here, take it to wic, they should give you vouchers for that formula, but you have to have a doctors note.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my dd was on similac she didnt have a problem with it...ive heard alot of bad stuff about good start...the baby i take care of is on it and he's very gassy and spits up alot
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2009