Have you ever Paid Forward a Good Deed done to you by a stranger, what did the stranger do to help you?

I was stuck on a highway once and a stranger helped me. I've made calls over time since then to help other stranded motorists. What's happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• mine was a coffee thing i was in the drive thrue and when it was my turn i orderd my coffee and when i went to the window she said the person in the car infront of u paid for the next order..i was shocked and happy he said the person said have a good day.so i did the same gave her my 3.00 and said do the same to the next prson. ( i found out 7 other people kept it going ) i thought it was nice and i was having a bad day with the kids so it cheerd me up. and it taught my older kids that sometimes nice things happen and to keep it going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i picked up a women walking in the pouring rain she was holding her toddler in her arms i saw a mini van with hazerds on and then a ways down saw her now i normaly dont pick people up but i have a toddler and have had car troubls and i know what its like and it was 2 mils before a store so i pulled over asked her if she would like a ride to the store u could tell she was crying and she put her kid in a carseat i had ( my son wasent with me ) and she told me her van made a horrible noise and just stoped and had no cell phone so she was walking to use the phone to call a tow truck and have her husband pick them up. told her i was going to that store to grab milk so no biggie... i always thought if that were me walking in the chilly rain with my kid i hope someone would offer me help. ( i dont own a cellphone eaither so i woud be walking to )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Ok, ladies-ya'll brought me to tears! Lol. Ppl do lil nice things 4 me all the time. But I gotta tell ya about my brother. He & his wife were struggling financially, like so many of us are now. They were about to have their house repo'ed not to mention all their other bills. He came home one day, found an envelope taped to their door (they lived WAAAY out in the country) & it had $2,000 in it! Along w/it was a note that sikple said to help someone else when they could. Signed "a friend"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Oh...& "a friend" we found out later, had never met my brother or his wife. He was a friend of my moms. She didn't know about it til it was all said & done. My brother did exactly the same thing for someone else after they got back on their feet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• it's a daily thing i suppose. we try to live by the motto ' do something for someone today in a manner in which they can never repay you".
    we recently had a family help us on a daily basis for months, i could never repay them.
    so i now am helping on a daily basis, the elderly lady that lives across the street and my son cuts her pasture.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes, we've been blessed many times by someone helping us out, and we help others out as much as possible too.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I do this any chance I get. I asked this question about a year ago, I was amazed at the amount of people who did not know what "pay it forward" was.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Ive picked up a pregnant woman on the side of the ride to go get gas and came back to her car, she had run out. i kinda knew her from work ( i worked at the town grocery store/gast station) I live in a small town in iowa, so things like that happen a lot here. we're very old fashioned. I love it. I know i can always count on someone to help me out in an amergancy, and i will do the same for them! The $$ thing by the PP is amazing though! Thats awsome!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009