Late period - negative tests

I am almost 3 weeks late for my period. I have taken MANY tests and they all come up negative. My questions are: Have you ever just skipped a period? If so, did it just resume next month or was there a problem that caused you to miss it. I have been very tired and nauseous lately. I called my OB last week and they said to give it more time and then call back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• I am going through the same thing right now. I also called my doc and they said to call back in another week and a half. I have always been regular and never skipped before....Good Luck =) Are you TTC?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Keep in mind I have a history of "plumbing problems", now having said that.....with my 3rd child I NEVER had a positive pee test. However, my blood work, HCG, all was fine. Ya know how everytime you go to the doc they have you pee in a cup....they did a pregnancy test everytime on me (more for fun than anything to see if it still said I wasn't) and it NEVER came back positive. The day before I delivered....negative pee test!!!! So honestly, if it still hasn't shown up in a week, and your ob/gyn thinks you don't need to be seen. Go to your regular doc, and ask for a blood test. They should have no problems doing that.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 10:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I haven't skipped, but my dd has... She's only 11 & started her pd when she was 9! :( she skipped last month & picked right back up this month. She was a bit stressed due to the end of the school year, but other than that... Idk what couldve caused it. She isn't sexually active, so we knew she wasn't pg. So...could you be stressed about anything? Change in diet or activities? I'd say test again in a wk or so. Call dr back & set up appt regardless of what test says. You will @least know whether you are pg or not & if not, you can maybe find out why the missed pd... Best wishes!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 10:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2009