What do you think i should do with all this stuff

I have been keeping anything that can be reused from my DD for future kids but i foresee it being about another year before i have a child due to a few different things right now i have about 7 totes of clothes and probably 5 boxes of toys and furniture and i have them i storage along with my other household stuff while we move which will be about 6 months to a year in storage. But i keep saying if i have a girl this will pay off BIG time should i keep holding on to them since it's not an inconvenience or should i do a yard sale cause if i have a boy i probably will keep what i can use and do a yard sale cause most likely i won't have anymore children.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would just hang on to it since it isn't in your way. When you know for sure that you wont need it, you can sell it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If i were you id go through that and slim what you have down a great deal...think about it..how much can a baby really wear before he or she out grows it..getting rid of baby things is hard i know..but it seems like EVERYONE could use the extra money...are you not wanting to buy the new baby ANYTHING new?! You could always just keep the gender nutural clothes..as far as the toys go..i think id save those too..but id def. cut down on the clothes..they dont do so well in storage anyway.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. I'd get rid of a lot of the clothes - if you're like many of us you probably have way more than you'd ever need, and you're likely to want to buy a few new things even if you have another girl. Keep what is special, gender neutral, and what you know you will use a lot (the type of things you used a lot with baby #1). If it won't be more than a few years hang onto baby gear and toys, but if you expect it to be longer get rid of excess toys and any gear that will be out of date.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I have round 8 or 9 tubs of clothes and other baby items in basement for when we decide to have another baby. We have two boys now and i want to keep everything in case we have another boy. The stuff is not in my way and it has all been washed and in the big tubs with lids on them. They will need to be washed again when we use them but it's worth it to keep them. I will buy a few new items if we have another boy but there is no reason to get rid of stuff you may use again. You can have a yard sale if you get pregnant and are having the opposite gender. Just my opinion: Keep it!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 10:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Keep the gender neutral and really cute dresses/outfits also hang on to the sweaters, bonnets, socks,shoes, bibs...I made sure to put a couple outfits aside for when my daughter eventually has kids of her own...sell the rest...b/c even if you do have another girl...the clothes may not be the right size for the season.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Forgot to mention daughter is 2 1/2 so 7 bucket over those years
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 11:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2009