is it bad to let poop go down the bathtub drain?

My daughter just pooped in the bathed and I just let it go down the drain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes it's ok.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 10:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• other than the fact that its really nasty, it probably wont do anything to your pipes or anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I probably wouldn't have. We had some sewer line issues last year - tree roots grew into our lines and caused a huge blockage - and the toilet flushed into the bathtub. Other than being really disgusting, it didn't hurt anything, so I don't think it's really going to do any damage or anything because it ends up going to the same line as the toilet anyway.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• All the pipes in your house go to the same place anyways.. Either the septic tank or the city sewer..

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My son went through a phase of doing this at like 12-18 months...we invested in an el-cheap-o fish net...lol...it works well for removal...just make sure you Lysol or bleach it regularly.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• it all goes into the same sewer or septic tank wehter it is the bath tub or the toilet
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• This reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George is caught urinating in the gym shower. He is yelling at Elaine that it is all pipes and they are all connected. She is yelling back at him that "different pipes go to different places" too funny! Once it hit the water I assume it fell apart anyway, what else were you going to do with it? I think you are fine, just give the tub a good disinfecting before the next use.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We just watched the contractors re-do our bathroom plumbing and there is one big sewer pipe that connects to both the toilet and the tub drain. It all goes to the same place. I would bleach the tub after that, though...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Your fine. All drains go to the same place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my daughter is totally goin through this phase...its so gross lol. if its hard poop i scoop it and throw it in the toilet if its all jus nasty and soft i let it go down but either way i always gag. lol
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009