As a loving parent...

As loving parents, do we not do everything within our power to make sure our children don't get hurt or suffer? Do we not grab their hand away from the hot stove so they don't burn themselves? If we knew they were going to get behind the wheel of a car after they'd been drinking, would we not take away their keys? Would we just stand idly by if their life was in danger?

We are all God's children, right? God loves us all, doesn't he? Then why doesn't he act like a loving parent the same as we do? Why, being the omnipotent being that he is supposed to be, doesn't he step in when his children are in pain? Why does he sit back while a child is being raped and let it happen when he knows it will happen (he knows all) and he has the power to stop it? The argument of free will is moot because each and every one of us knows that if we knew someone was going to rape our child, we wouldn't just sit back and say... (cont.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• (cont.) and say, "Well you have free will, Mr. Rapist, so I won't stop you from raping my child even though it breaks my heart and could end up with his/her suicide from the emotional trauma." I don't know a single loving parent that would do that. We'd step in keep our child safe. So why doesn't God keep his own children safe, if he loves us so much? Why does he just sit back?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• God never puts us in a situation that He in His infinite wisdom will not pull us out of and make us stronger. He allowed His son to die on a cross so that our sins would be forgiven. If He will sacrifice His son, for us, don't you believe He loves us? Faith is the substance of things hoped for but not seen, and that is what you have to rely on. We are not supposed to understand everything just yet. Good Luck and may the Good Lord bless and keep you.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I do not believe God has levels of sin or that any one sin is worse before God than the other. Human beings put levels on sin based on standards society sets. I think all sin is absolutely disgusting, horrible, abominable and unacceptable before God, no matter what sin we're talking about. That being said, the arguement of free will is never moot. We either get to choose to sin or we don't get to choose to sin. People will always be angry with God for not stopping the evil in the world or wiping the evil people out, however, when he DOES wipe evil people out, we're angry and call him a "murderer." (see any article on evilbible.com).

This is a cliche but it's a true cliche. There is an order to the way things work that we may not be able to understand in our finite state. Evil is inevitable because humans chose it at the fall and brought evil into the world. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It is a nice fantasy to have an all mighty father who will make everything all better all the time. The reality of people in our present day society is based more on actual details and events that are taking place in this time and space. Now, we are able to take more active control over the reality of protecting our own children the best that we can. We cannot prevent light and darkness.This is the information age and I'm glad I can check where and who the local predators are. God put me on hold for 40 years, I can access the truth right here on the internet.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• well i guess you have never been a situation where someone has been raped i was when i was a child where was god then when my step father stuck his @@@@ in me and your saying god never puts us in a situation that he will not get us out of bull crap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• "God never puts us in a situation that He in His infinite wisdom will not pull us out of and make us stronger."

Then why do so many people commit suicide because of a situation that "He in His infinite wisdom" did not pull them out of???
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Despite our downward spiral towards death and imperfection due to the entrance of sin into the world, all things work together for God's purpose. God's purpose comes into fruition, as a sovereign God, despite the free-will of humankind and the evil choices humankind might make.

I believe God does step in, more times than anyone might believe. In the case of my biological mother, it is very well that he did not step in because in doing so, I never would have been born. While what happened to my birth mom was a horrible and despicable thing, I like to think something good came out of it (me) and that people's lives have been changed for the better because of it (I do my part). My bmom is God's child but so am I. I believe that sin happens because of our nature and the order of an imperfect world. I beleive that God balances out all evil with good in the world throughout history, whether we see in our lifetime or not.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• God 'invented' life and gave us brains and some lack of it to live that life. If God didn't intend for different personalities to exist, they wouldn't. I don't think God made us to suffer, I think God made us to think and to create lives to learn and make better from bad and to rejoice in the good. All to be the best possible upon entering Heaven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Satan is the father of this world & there will be trials & tribulations here because of him & those that follow his lead.
    Heaven is prepared for those that believe & follow Christ. There will be no trials or tibulation once we reach our Home.
    Anonymous

• I do believe that God knows the murders, rapists, abusers of children and adults can work toward better behavior and beliefs but that their selves their souls can not be redeemed. That is why and for whom hell is. Since evil exists a hell exists to receive them upon their deaths.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2009