does getting an abortion hurt? ...physically

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• emotionally yes. Many women are greatly depressed after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Since when is abortion "just for fun"?
    Yes it is painful. my friend had one and she said they only gave her a pill to help her relax but it didn't do anything for her anxiety, nor did it lessen the pain. This says nothing about the emotional scars she will carry for life. This is not an easy decission, don't take it lightly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Photobucket
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• from what ive heard there is some cramping involved and i would assume bleeding. probably pretty similar to miscarrying
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• ... Just For Fun ... this is the second abortion question this morning in Just For Fun. What gives. How could an abortion not hurt for goodness sake? Emotional pain is physical pain and physical pain causes emotional distress and pain. I bet there's cramping, and aches physically and physical pain the the heart for having to make the decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Good one anon :12, there is a question just posted in general parenting that could use that sticky note!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had one when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, it didn't really bother me at all, there was just a little pressure my stomach, which was kind of uncomfortable. I was just relieved that it was over and that I could get on with my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• No, I hear that if it's done early, you might just have a little cramping
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:18 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Depends on if you are given anything for pain. Many places will do an IV sedative, you are still awake, but don't feel much. Most procedures are done with vacuum, so it's not like they are scraping you. I have heard many women say that they felt sort of a pinch or cramping, but that's it.

Now if you go somewhere that doesn't offer pain management, then I have heard that it hurts pretty bad. As well as doing a medical abortion (with the pills), that can be very uncomfortable and for a longer period of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• had one when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, it didn't really bother me at all, there was just a little pressure my stomach, which was kind of uncomfortable. I was just relieved that it was over and that I could get on with my life.

Ditto. I've never felt remorse about it. I had two children at home who needed to be fed. We couldn't afford another mouth to feed and didn't qualify for assistance.

Although mine did hurt when they were dilating me. It felt similar to labor pains.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2009