is this true?

when people say they will never do something does it turn out they do what they say they will never do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Never say never =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:10 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• sure, in some cases. I try to make sure that if I say never, I make a mental note that I'm to be held accountable for that decsion.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Life just isn't as easy as saying "I'll never do that". It takes more than words to keep a promise like that. Unless you have a surefire plan on how to prevent it you're only setting yourself up for failure.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• sometimes. I've said I'd never do things that I ended up doing. Then again, I've also said I'd never do things and never did them. It totally depends on the situation and the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Sometimes. We have no way of knowing what life is going to throw at us or what our decisions will be at that time.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It is a lot easier to say that you would never do something when you aren't in a situation that would require you to make that decision. So you would never.....steal. What if you were ever in a situation where it was steal, or watch your children starve? I know that is dramatic, but its a common debate at my work.

My husband had a friend in Phoenix. Her sister moved to Las Vegas and was a legal prostitute at a brothel or whatever there. The friend made a big deal of denouncing her sister and said that she was a terrible person. Well, fast forward about a year. She had lost her job, her husband had left her, she was kicked out of the house. She confessed to my husband that she had slept with the landlord at the apartment she was trying to rent so that she should stay there. I am not really sure how that is different.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009