I went to the ER and had an ultrasound and my PLACENTA is low.... How worried should I be????

I have to do a follow up in a few weeks to see if it moved up some... I'm so scared cuz I really don't want mothing to happen to my baby... especially after seeing her... I fell in love... Has anyone esle been told this bad news... what was the outcome?

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Previa is common in early pregnancy. In most cases it moves up by about 20 weeks. In some cases it takes longer but as your uterus grows the placenta will move further up and away from your cervix. If, and again the chances are slim that "if" will happen, it does not you may need to have a c-section to deliver your baby. I had previa with my third child but by 18 weeks my placenta had moved up. It's not something to worry about early in pregnancy.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You shouldn't be worried. What is the point of stressing yourself (and your baby) out over something you have absolutely no control over?

It could move, allowing for a normal vaginal delivery.
    Maybe it won't, resulting in the need for a Csection.

No big deal --- Csections happen every day. 3 of my 4 kids were Csections and, quite frankly, I prefer them.

Just relax & enjoy your pregnancy. That baby will come out fine -- one way or another. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You'll probably be fine, the first answer is what I was going to tell you. Kick back and relax, ask you doctor about it if it still bothers you later. They can keep an eye on it to make you feel better.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had a low placenta and it moved up by 19weeks. I also had a hemmorhage at that time too from 9-18weeks that lasted that long because my placenta was in the way but moved some and allowed the blood to come out more and not keep building up. I'm 37weeks now and fine!
    Anonymous

• I have had this happen with both of my children...in both cases it has moved up by itself. It's okay - you just may have a c-section if it doesn't move. I ended up having a c-section with my 1st for other reasons and will have another with my second in 9 weeks. But my placenta is not the reason - so I'm sure it will work out for you too! Good luck - oh - and like someone above said - c-sections are not all that bad...so no worries!
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Same with me in my second pregnancy at 10 weeks and at the 20 week sonogram everything was normal.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2009