Ok so I had a ROUGH weekend...

It's been a week since I spoke to my ex boyfriend, and I thought I was ok. I didn't cry all week, I went out with my friends to a harley show friday and a car show saturday and had a good time. I got home saturday night and just lost it....I miss him SOOOO much and I hate the way things ended, but he wont answer his phone or call me back. I just want some closure on this, it's been on and off for 4 months now. I wish I knew when the hurt was going to bring on the tears, maybe I could control it. I cried all the way to church yesterday morning, and just couldn't fight off the depressed feeilngs. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm actually finding comfort in the sappy sad songs I've been listening too. Do you guys have any other suggestions or stories to share with me? Posting and writing about it is helping me too I think, and I would like to read about other experiences. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't let your self here, the sad songs, love songs. It would be so much easier if you just let it go, listen to fun music, and move on. Sad to say, he might have already did so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Hear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think if you let this go on to long and can't really control it then you should talk to a counselor or a Dr. about some anti depressants. That's what they are here for. Good Luck!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 11:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I met my sisters friend when I was 8, he was 17. I liked him from hello. But you know I was lil and nobody thought anything of it. So I got older and dated around, he would come over like once a year and hang out and I would get teased (in secret) bc I still liked him. Then when I was 17, he came over to my sister and my apartment. By this time, I had dated a lot and kindda just wanted to try to get him to look at me. So we all sat around talkin, then my sis went to bed and I made so moves and got a great makeout session. After that, we didnt leave eachothers sides. Everyone knew he loved me and I loved him. Then his ex told me they were sleeping together and so I moved to another state. He called me every day. I dated and went out but I came back home. He came to see me the night I got in, he kissed me, said he'd come over for dinner the next night. I made dinner, got dressed up and he never showed.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Wow, I could give you novels of my break ups. LOL. I SO understand the heartache, I really do. I'm afraid there aren't any quick fixes. Only time. For me, crying endlessly for like 2 days makes it better.. Like I got all the tears out. Watching scary movies in the dark and eating ice creams helps. Then I join some meetup groups, go out with friends, start a new hobby, buy a new pair of something (earrings, shoes, pants, etc) and convince myself that he wasn't good enough for me anyway. If you attend church, then have faith that God took him out of your life to bring in someone better. :)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• So I called and called and he wouldnt answer. I asked his brothers and friends what happened and they said he wouldnt even say my name. And if someone else said my name, he'd simply leave. For YEARS he wouldnt talk to me or about me. YEARS of not knowing. I went a lil insane. Partied HARD, dated stupid guys, did stupid things...Moved a lot. I got to a point I didnt want to live. Then I met my now fiance. I thought he would be another distraction, someone to just use to numb the pain. But he ended up making it go away. We had our son and are expecting our second son soon. About oh, 5 months ago, my ex called my sister. He cried and went on about how much he still loves me. Said he doesnt why he acted the way he did. Then he called me. And ya know what, he is a freaking idiot. I can't believe I wasted so much time on him. Really, he's such a loser! Everything I loved about him is there but it shouldnt be, he should have grown up
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• But he hasn't. My lesson learned was this: You can have your heart smashed and someone or something will mend it over time. Then you will look back and see...nobody is worth that much wasted time of YOUR life. You will be ok. You will be sad and crazy. But you need that. When that passes, you will find a whole new world. A fun, crazy, loving world. With new MEN and a future.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You should maybe talk to a therapist, they can give you the tools you need to get through this. As for closure, well the fact that he is not answering your calls is pretty much closer. I would not call him anymore, it will only make you look desperate or like a stalker. I am sorry for your pain, I have been there and I would not wish that feeling on my worst enemy. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009