Do any second time moms loose there patients with your first child?

This pregnancy has been different. I love my son dearly but lately I cant stand to hear him cry. I am trying to stop nursing him and it is not working. I need help what can i do to make things better with my baby. I guess my two questions are how to stop nursing. And How did you deal with a child that wants every second of the day for me to hold him. He is 14 almost 15 months.

MommyTessier

Asked by MommyTessier at 11:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First off Hugs! I can't answer the nursing question. But I do know that I did lose a lot of patience when my daughter was born. My son was four when we brought her home and yes, his whole life changed so much. In fact, while I love my daughter and can't imagine life without her, I sort of wish for his sake that we wouldn't have had a second child. I was fun when he was a toddler. All of a sudden we expected more from him. Its natural, because now he was the oldest, but I was less patient. Used to be nothing ever bothered me, now if I get too hot, hungry, tired, or if things are just too loud for me, I tend to snap at people. This includes everyone, DH, My mom, both our kids, etc. I even tried to explain to my Dr. because I honestly know this behavior was never my "norm", but really they didn't do anything about it.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my dd is driving me crazy more now that i'm pregnant but i think it's just hormones b/c i'm getting ill with everyone, not just her... i try to walk away when she's too whiney b/c i don't want to be mad @ her & i don't want to hurt her feelings (she's almost 3)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My baby is 11 months turning 1on July7th. His baby brother is coming August 1st. I loose my patients a lot. I'm the only one taking care of him while his Dad is finding a place for all of us. I have no help. None. So from 6am to 9pm, he cries. He misses his Dad a lot and our friends from the town we lived in. And he's teething. When I feel myself loosing my cool, I put him some where safe and walk away for 10 minutes. He screams and cries and I hate hearing it but I need those few minutes to shake off the feeling of "I hate this."...He's a baby and he doesnt know better. Then I pick him up and he cuddles on me and we go back to our day. Its hard. Really hard. But make sure you let yourself calm down.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My DD was 14 almost 15 months old when my DS was born. I didnt really lose my patience with her in the beginning since she was a pretty easy going toddler then. I noticed it more when DS was around 6 months old and starting to move around (DD was about 21 months) I actually find myself losing patience with her more now than I did when DS was younger. She is 2 1/2 now and sometimes I wonder if she wakes up in the morning and thnks of everything she can do to her brother (16 months) to make him scream. Just a few minutes ago I had to put her in timeout because she was dumping a juice box all over her brother's head! Then when I asked her what she was doing so laughed at me!!

Its tough but hang in there, I know you can do it! Sometimes the days may seem like hell but then when they are both in bed at the end of the day it will seem like it wasnt that hard at all and youll find yourself watching them sleep!
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Oh man... ALL THE TIME. It's better now, but when I was pregnant and right after I had the baby it was ROUGH. It does get better :)
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 6:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Its very common to get low on patience towards the end of your pregnancy and right after the baby is born. Between hormones and just feeling worn out most(or all) days its very easy. My daughter was 16 mo when the twins were born and it really seemed that she whined all the time at that point. It drove me nuts some days. It does get better, it just takes time. Make sure you are getting enough mommy time to relax in the quiet. Find a friend to go have a pedicure and lunch with and you will feel like a new mommy(for a little while at least). As for the breast feeding, I never breastfed but I have had alot of moms say to go slow and eliminate one nursing at a time. Once they adjust to losing the one nursing take away another. They say its alot better than cold turkey.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009