How do I get him off the computer?

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant, married. Stay-at-home soon to be mommy, and part time mommy to my step-son (almost 2 years old).
My husband plays world of warcraft consistently. When he gets home from work I want him to relax but I also want him to show me a little attention. What can I do to get him off the damn computer?

victoria.mommy

Asked by victoria.mommy at 11:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Well my DH and now my 14 year old son both play WOW. They play together, and so it doesn't bother me. Yes, Dh plays for long periods of time, but he did that with his Playstation too. He still does everything he's supposed to, work, mow the lawn, etc. And i've learned to get my kisses and cuddles in while he's playing, (they spend a lot of time in that game traveling from place to place, so the action isn't constant.) Or before he "goes in" as we put it. Its how he relaxes after work. Some guys go to the game, or play sports like golf or fish or work on cars, mine is sitting in the next room playing a game. DH wants me to play too! I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but then its cheaper than some other things he could do as a hobby so I don't complain. I also at least know what he's doing when he's online!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:59 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Throw the damn thing in the computer and sit his little boy ass down and tell
    him what a family means to you..

You here on here so many times...my husband this...and the computer...

Grow some muscles and stop letting this little boys rule... ::))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:46 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• omg are you married to my dh? i hate that stupid game, as soon as he gets home he plays it up until about 11pm and it would be later if he didn't have to work....my dd has got him to stop playing as much b/c she said "daddy get off the 'puter, play with me" and i think he's finally realized what he's missing out on.. girl, good luck b/c i've been with my dh for almost 8 years and he's just now slowed down on his "fairy game" lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Put a garbage bag over the computer if it's desk top. Put a garbage bag over the computer if its a laptop while he's in the bathroom. Don't tell him in advance cause he'll hide the computer or leave itin his car or at work, some where else. Put the bag on and tell him no computer tonight I need you. If he gets violent and computer addiction can get viollent then get into counselling withhim. If he won't go then you have to understand you will live like this always after baby born or
    you have to leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My brother is addicted to that thing! Its so lame! My fiance got a lil too into 'browsing' on the internet (*cough*porn*cough*) so I found a cord, took it off, hid it, then told him I'd give it back when I was good and ready.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• lol at the other ppl's replys, if my dh gets all up in the porn, my internet will be turned off, it's in my name so he can't do anything about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

• If it bothers you, then you need to tell him. Explain you'd like him to relax after work, play a game or two.. but at [whatever time you pick], is YOUR time together. Period.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 12:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Tell him to put a timer up and when it goes off he has to get off (yes they have timers in the game).

Cancel his account.

Disconnect the computer from the internet.

Uninstall the game.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I just want him to be happy. & He enjoys playing.. I know this. I'd rather him be online where I know what he's up to then out all night with his friends.. But he's MY husband.. I want him to myself sometimes. Just a little quality time.
    victoria.mommy

Answer by victoria.mommy at 12:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I'm sure you've said things to him but he still plays. take the keyboard and mouse! If that dosen't stop him maybe you should be playing when he gets home and he can take care of the things u take care of everyday!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 12:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009