Is your first baby usually early or late?

I've always heard that when you are pregnant with your first it normally comes early, but here lately I've heard they're normally late. So please Finish this sentence. When I had my first child he/she was...

Asked by Ashes711 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• early.. Actually considered pre-term. She was born 6 weeks early. I had preterm labor starting at 28 weeks..I also started to dilate to a 3 when I was 32 weeks.
    I think everyone is completely different. I have a lot of friends who's baby came early. But only a week or so. A lot of women wait it out even past 40 weeks.. I really feel for them, but I'd rather be waiting at 40 weeks than have to see my baby with tubes, or oxygen again. :(

Answer by aud1441 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• Mine was two days early...but I have seen a lot of pregnant women go late!

Answer by bumpfashion at 4:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• eraly BUT only because she was measuring big....same with my second. She was 8lb11oz and he was 9lb even. Both 10 days early.

Answer by summerbudbud at 4:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• Going to be late if they hadn't induced me the day I was born. I got induced on my due date for medical reasons, however had they not induced me I'm pretty sure I'd of been pregnant for at least a few more days.

Answer by bubblycute at 6:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• Typically women are pregnant for an average of 41 weeks 1 day. the normal human gestation is between 38 and 42 weeks, thus giving us the EDD of 40 weeks.

My first baby was 10 days early
    my second came at 41 weeks
    then 40w5d

I would tell all women to expect to go past their EDD of 40 weeks just in case.

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• I had my first child 3 days early from my due date, but I was induced so I probably would have been late. My girlfriend had her first about 10 days early. My sister's first was about a week early, but was induced. I guess it really depends on when that baby wants out...but I've heard that your first pregnancy is what usually runs late and that the labor lasts longer, but the baby is smaller. Don't know how much of it is all true, but its fun to talk about.

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• I was told it goes either way. Mine was late.

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• mine was early 37 wks

Answer by brycies_mom at 8:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• mine was early but i live at high altitude!

Answer by marci775 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2008

• They estimated be for the 15th and then 20th for my daughter. She came the 17th. Right in the middle, Right on time I guess

Answer by charisma10 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2008