Does anyone know how to set up a treasure hunt for kids?

I'm freaking out about my sons 6th birthday party and was hoping some moms might help me with step by step instructions on how to plan a treasure hunt. It's going to be an Indiana Jones party. Maybe an archeological dig (stuff in a sandbox) could be incorporated. Any other suggestions on how to keep 20 kids occupied for 2 hours would be greatly appreciated!

universalmother

Asked by universalmother at 11:58 AM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Entertainment

• We are going to do a scavenger hunt with pictures. I will take a picture of the porch mat (a close up..maybe only the edge of it) I will print it on regular paper and cut it into 4 or 6 pieces and put it in envelope) They will have to put the puzzle together, figure out what it is is. Lift up the porch mat and find the next clue. You could take a pic of sand, frisbee in yard, a bush...all kinds of things. Even divide them up in teams with the same number of clues, but make them different. At the end Im going to have a treasure box full of things for the party (ours is at night) so Im having flashlights for tag & glow necklaces and a bandana for the campout.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• DRINK! A LOT!!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009